new project: Slubiest denim

nshadows1

I am looking to begin a new denim project. My thighs are on the big side so I cant get anything too slim. rrds fit my legs well but Im not looking for a bootcut nor as high of a waist.

what would you guys reccomend?

Slubbiest denim? that is straight or slightly tapered but will work for thick legs?

Im feeling the eternals but im not sure which if any fit would work for me?

Any help is much appreciated

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slubbier than even pbjs? whoa.

i haven't seen pbj's in person but as far as i am concerned the KMWs are by far the slubbiest ive laid my eyes on. and the way the indigo is built up in certain spots its incredible, they are a sick jean.

i will go out on a limb and say yes slubbier then pbjs.

The KMW's are ridiculous, but they are beaten out by the special edition Onis. If your price range is 500+ then you should go for the Kicking Mules or the Onis, whatever you can get your hands on, but if it's more reasonable then you should go for Oni Blue

I've got the PBJ AI-001's and the Samurai S510XX-A1 and have seen super slubby jeans from Evisu Japan in Selfridges and to my eye there really is a negligible difference is the slubbiness. For some reason the texture of this kind of denim reminds me of the opening sequence in the Matrix movie where the green lines of text / letters start streaming down the screen. A bit weird, sorry.

Has anyone compared the Dope+Drakkar denim to PBJ or Oni denim? I've heard that the D+D's are really slubby.

I'm thinking about getting a of D+D because I have a $200 store credit to ABFits and I can't find anything else there (and no one seems to want the store credit at a discount).

This is a thread jack but...

Here is some info from a PM with The Black Arm who owns a pair:

Hi, Yes I do have a pair of the 1100s. I also have a pair of the 1210s. the 1100s are a fuller, classic cut. the 1210s are more slender, tapered cut. They're both pretty high rise, classic jeans. id say the denim's mid-weight. the one thing that i've noticed is the denim of the 1100s has turned out to be the slubbiest denim i've seen, great wear "streaks" if that makes sense. I put pictures up on the board a while back with some detail shots, i'll see if i can track them down. they both use yellow selvedge denim, the 1100s have back pocket rivets, 1210s don't

Pics of his D+D's:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=65227&postcount=38

and from soultek:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=15192&postcount=17

I tried on a pair at ABFits in San Franccisco and the denim is amazing. I would have bought them in a second if I wasn't going to Japan in March . It is 13 oz but is loosely woven so it feels thicker. It is also very soft in the one wash with no starch. They are $325 and ABFits is the only place in America that carries them because the ABFits owner knows the D+D owner. If no one buys my $200 store credit at a discount I might just pay the extra $125 and buy a pair since they're so nice.

thanks for all the reply's. I like the way others samuris and eternals have turned out. But I think the may be a little to tight for me. So sounds like the PBJ's and Onis are the way to go

Which Oni's or PBJ's should I get (aside from the $500+).

any rec from where to purchase at a good price?

thanks for all the reply's. I like the way others samuris and eternals have turned out. But I think the may be a little to tight for me. So sounds like the PBJ's and Onis are the way to go

Which Oni's or PBJ's should I get (aside from the $500+).

any rec from where to purchase at a good price?

The denim on all of the cheaper PBJs (XX-003/XX-004/XX-005) is the same. The XX-006 is no slubby, so don't look at that one. I believe the denim on the Oni's is the same too, so just pick whichever fit works for you.

XX-005 for skinny low rise

XX-004 for skinny boot cut

Oni Blue/XX-003 for regular

Oni Red for relaxed

All available at www.blueingreensoho.com

i've handled the KMW's, the Oni's and the PBJs and the KMWs do not come close to the PBJs or Oni's.

also, the amount of dye on the jean has nothing to do with slubbiness. slubbiness is all about the texture of the weave.

i understand that i was just stating the fact that there was an intense amount of indigo.

If you are on a search for THE slubbiest - only Oni Vedge or Evisu Special can meet that request .. Samurai also has a model that is QUITE slubby though ...

all three models are between $350 and $550 USD

here is Evisu special edition daicock and hank dyed denim jean slub shot

special edition isn't dyed by the " master of indigo " and the other ( without daicock ) is I believe ...

same texture on both though

2ibksjs.jpg

numero looks like the pbj AI might trump both? from what john has posted of AI slubs that is.

at the same time i guess nshadows1 has said he's not looking for the $500 jeans so i guess he doesn't actually want that mad-crazy slubby stuff - evisu special, oni vedge, KMW, pbj AI-001...etc. are the evisu and KMW also natural indigo?