Denim for tall guys

zenstro

I have long legs and a short torso as well (I believe the term for that is 'short waisted'). I generally wear low-rise bootcut jeans with a 34" inseam, and in order for them to fit right I wear them right in the middle of my butt, which isn't flattering for my appearance, nor is it too comfortable. Are there jeans out there that would fit better, and actually look good?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

samauri's usually come in a 38" inseam and oni's come in 36" which give you a lot of room to work w/

Again, those are pre-wash inseam lengths, so keep in mind that that is only alot of room to work with if you plan to never wash the jeans

people always mention that you could dry-clean forever, but does anyone actually do it??

knowing the waist size would help a lot!!!! but the above mentioned brands do have those inseams preshrinkage, you might have to give some consideration to having things custom made. I dated a guy who was about your height ages ago, and he had to get almost everything he wore seriously tailored if bought in store or made from scratch, you'll just have to find a good tailor.

Im 6'5" and have long legs too and Ive done my homework on what companies make 36+ inseams. Basically its APC and Samurai that have 36 inseams on all their models, after accounting for any shrinking. A select few other companies have 36 inseams on certain jeans but not on most of their models(such as Skull with their 5000xx). Someone mentioned Oni but they are 36.75 prewash, and will eventually shrink close to their 34 tagged inseam. Look into APC and Samurai, there are plenty of different cuts to choose from.

Again, those are pre-wash inseam lengths, so keep in mind that that is only alot of room to work with if you plan to never wash the jeans

people always mention that you could dry-clean forever, but does anyone actually do it??

yeah, i only dry cleaned my old LVC '33s for about a year and i DID still get shrinkage gradually. although i can't say for certain that it's inevitable or whether my dry cleaners just fucked up...

Guest jeffvyain

just stick with what you know will work. you don't wanna be restricted to NEVER washing them. get diors or samurais or find something else that will shrink to a 36 leg. someone mentioned APCs. these will almost assuredly be too short for you in the long run. they start out at 35 and shrink usually about an inch max, but as you have stated, 34 inches is too short. another thing you could try is ande whalls on this site. he makes killer jeans (and you can do no back pocket stitching if the thumbs up throws you off), and he makes really long inseams. if memory serves me correctly, i think up to 38 inches? either way, good luck, and don't let someone try and talk you into PBJ or something and not having the ability to wash. That'd just be trouble for a first pair of "real" jeans

• 3 months later...

Hi I'm new here and I have a certain problem with finding fit in most common jeans or pants. I am very tall- about 6'5 with a 36 inch inseam, and a 34 waist. I like my jeans with a normal rise, and a slim to normal slimish fit, and no boot cut.. I absolutely hate boot cut! Finding jeans that aren't the really baggy norm of big and tall is very tough. I'm looking for jeans with the price tag of 80$ or less as well, which most likely makes it a lot tougher. I appoligize in advance if there is already a topic related to this but I searched things like my inseam and tall sizes and did not find anything really. If anyone had any idea how or where i could find such a fit I'd greatly appreciate it! thx.

trust me my friend, i know exactly how you feel. i'm 6'7", rail thin, and finding jeans is quite the pain in the ass sometimes. i wear around the same size as you. i suggest levi's capital E stacked skinny, or the Nudie Thin Finn or Slim Jim (and maybe when the High Kai or Grim Tim come out, those as well). i have a pair of H&M sliq's that are good kick around raw jeans, and i'm working them something fierce right now, they fit great, though they do stretch a lot. anyways, heres a list of brands that work for me, and should usually work for all tall guys like us -

- Nudie Slim Jim/Thin Finn (sizing depends on the wash)

- Levi's Capital E Stacked Skinny/LVC 47xxx (a little baggier, but nice denim)

- H&M Sliq raw

- Imperial Dukes (like Gilead said)

- Ernest Sewn (not baggy, but not tight, nonetheless nice)

- Diesel Viker'

- A.P.C. new cure/new standard (word of advice, if you buy them marked 36, its really a 38, so always size down 2 from your waist - meaning a 34 in this case)

- and if you're lucky, japanese brands such as Flat Head, Evisu, Iron Army, Samurai, Julian Red, etc. etc. wherever you can find them stocked will come in larger sizes.

good luck, i know i still need it