headphones?

headphones to get  

161 members have voted

1. 1. headphones to get

• shure e2c
    • entymotic er6
    • Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3
    • other (please specify)

i used to but i don't think it looks great actually, so i now go for something more discreet.

In ear headphones for walking around town: great sound, and you can't even hear the subway. My full sized phones are open and require amping so they are pretty useless for traveling.

i've had my E2Cs for almost 6 years now. They still sound amazing and I use the medium soft rubber sleeves. I had to buy them separately but damn are they worth it. I heard they come with more now so that's cool. I like that people don't know how to wear them so they just give up. They also double as earplugs when I ride on my scooter or a motorcycle so I don't get all that wind noise.

My only complaints are that I can't hear people when they speak to me. Even my dad, who swears by his bose noise-canceling headphones thinks mine sound better and don't suck up battery life to do that whole noise-canceling stuff.

are these Zumreed phones ridiculous? I want to get these white ones as I'm looking for nice lookin but cheap phones (that aren't hello kitty ipod buds)

zumreed_zhp005white.jpg

Been using Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 Pro's for about a year and a half. Sound is spot on. They had a qc issue with the cables; mine failed a few months ago. I sent them in, they sent me a brand new pair inside of two days.

jj, they look good, and as you must know, girls with big headphones is very ... hum... sexay.

Been using Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 Pro's for about a year and a half. Sound is spot on. They had a qc issue with the cables; mine failed a few months ago. I sent them in, they sent me a brand new pair inside of two days.

these are sweet..

These on the other hand are great for the gym.. prolly the best you can get for that kind of cash.

ER•6 Isolator earphones

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6.aspx

been using my shure se530's for about a year now. i was using a pair of e3c's before that. it's unbelievable how good they sound. i can't see myself using another set of buds at the moment.

ok my Etymotic er6i's cable snapped and because those fucks at Etymotic wont repair them I have to get some new ones.. So I'm thinking about the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10vi. I want something that I can use with my phone preferably, but doesn't have to have a mic in it..

They look pretty terrible imo and apparently fit bad? So maybe I will go for something else.. I need something that will stay in my ears when I run/gym etc. That's the main purpose for them...

Maybe Future Sonics Atrio Series ? Westone? I don't know..

Any suggestions/thoughts? I want as much noise cancellation as possible, a small unit and sound that is as clear as possible...

Anybody else wanna throw in on the SoundMagic offerings, specifically the PL30s and 50s? They've caused a semi-shitstorm in the acoustic world for basically being the Kenneth Cole sneaks of the headphone industry, come from the factory that produces for Beyerdynamics and other big names but minus the big name pricing. The 30s were my life and love until some fuckin businessman ripped them in half on a packed subway car as he dove out and snagged em. I don't DJ or anything so I won't try to legitimately discuss the range or the tininess or bass or anything but fit was always snug and they sounded as good as or better than anything i was ever allowed to listen to.

Also for sub-$50 they are just retarded.

Anybody else wanna throw in on the SoundMagic offerings, specifically the PL30s and 50s? They've caused a semi-shitstorm in the acoustic world for basically being the Kenneth Cole sneaks of the headphone industry, come from the factory that produces for Beyerdynamics and other big names but minus the big name pricing. The 30s were my life and love until some fuckin businessman ripped them in half on a packed subway car as he dove out and snagged em. I don't DJ or anything so I won't try to legitimately discuss the range or the tininess or bass or anything but fit was always snug and they sounded as good as or better than anything i was ever allowed to listen to.

Also for sub-$50 they are just retarded.

oh man i remember the soundmagic boom on head-fi. i managed to find a site that had the pl-30 for like 20-ish bucks, but the price always changes. firefox crashed and i forgot all about it.

pl50 definitely seems insane though, but the red/blue thing always threw me off

ok my Etymotic er6i's cable snapped and because those fucks at Etymotic wont repair them I have to get some new ones.. So I'm thinking about the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10vi. I want something that I can use with my phone preferably, but doesn't have to have a mic in it..

They look pretty terrible imo and apparently fit bad? So maybe I will go for something else.. I need something that will stay in my ears when I run/gym etc. That's the main purpose for them...

Maybe Future Sonics Atrio Series ? Westone? I don't know..

Any suggestions/thoughts? I want as much noise cancellation as possible, a small unit and sound that is as clear as possible...

ue is releasing a new canalphone soon, which is supposedly very very small. it's called ultimate ears 700. the triple fi 10 is too big and uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time according to reviews.

personally i love my westone 3 :) head-fi is a good forum to research

jcotteri, might wanna go with the westones... definitely a better option in terms of sound clarity if u compare them to the atrios.

kino, the ue700 is already released!

Canalphone.. Yeh that sounds much better..

Since when did logitech stamp their name all over UE? Makes me not want to buy them.. Bleh

Which westones in particular would you recommend?

Also I used to read Head-fi.. A long long time ago.. I was thinking the westones looked the goods in terms of size and shape. Kinda want to stay below the 150 mark.. Going to read up on these PL50's..

Canalphone.. Yeh that sounds much better..

Since when did logitech stamp their name all over UE? Makes me not want to buy them.. Bleh

Which westones in particular would you recommend?

Also I used to read Head-fi.. A long long time ago.. I was thinking the westones looked the goods in terms of size and shape. Kinda want to stay below the 150 mark.. Going to read up on these PL50's..

Westones 3

i had a few pair of shure, then i offered my last pair and got broke, so i got myself some PL30. i still use them tomorrow and they sound very good for the money. i'll get some pL50 the day they break or get lost.

anyone have a pair of the beats by dr dre?

If you'd consider open headphones, I have a pair of Grado SR-60s for when I care about sound quality, and a pair of AKG K240-MKIIs for when I care about comfort.

madmanaudio%20AKG%20K240-MKII.jpg

^^^ unbelievably comfortable. Not something you'd wear out of the house, of course...

I've been using the Goldring DR150 for about a year, and they are just awesome in the means of sound quality and comfort!

anywhere i can get Grado SR-60 replacement factory pads? i got some replacements that arent as good as the originals

http://www.ttvj.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=grado+pad

i'd recommend upgrading to the bowl pads and not using the sr60 soft pads, they muffle the sound. If you do want to use the soft ones for some reason, cut a hole in the middle of the pads.

i'm in the market for a new pair. my sennheiser px100s are all but dead.

after something similar in terms of portability. i'd perhaps prefer something little more solid, though. i'd like to avoid shitty ear pads (such as those on the px100s - they always seem to be falling off in my bag.)

these look nice, but they appear to have the aforementioned shitty ear pads.

20080201105115Form2_1.jpg

thoughts? hopefully less than 100, or 150 at a stretch.