Digital SLRs?

nairb49

• 4 weeks later...

i got $600 to spend on some new glass and i shoot with a nikon. I was thinking of getting the 18-200mm as an all purpose lens (all i have is the kit 18-55), but i thought i'd get opinions on what other options you guys would suggest. I use a D60 and don't plan on upgrading bodies until i've completely grown out of it.

i got $600 to spend on some new glass and i shoot with a nikon. I was thinking of getting the 18-200mm as an all purpose lens (all i have is the kit 18-55), but i thought i'd get opinions on what other options you guys would suggest. I use a D60 and don't plan on upgrading bodies until i've completely grown out of it.

the 18-200 is a safe bet, but kinda boring... i'd hold on to the cash and get the 24-70 2.8. or get a longer prime from sigma (for af-s) to go with the 18-55.

Any recommendations on fixed lenses, cheap/affordable + good quality. Want an all-around shooting lens preferably, probably wide angle. I've already got a kit 18-55 and a 55-200, but they're boring and useless for the most part. Looking for something with which I can do a lot with (portraiture, wide angle, crazy cool shit, generally a lens I can have FUN with)

any suggestions - I'm working with a Nikon D40X, nothing too hefty. Price range is probably between $0-$350 (holidays)

how much should i ask for a 4/5 condition canon rebel XT with 18-55mm kit lens, nice canon bag, all lens caps, strap, manuel, battrey+battery charger and no cf card??????

maybe $300

you could get away with $400 if the person is stupid enough

you're selling I presume?

jeep the thing is that with the D40x you can't buy prime lens such as 28 or 35 that would, i think, fill your requirment, because there's no autofocus engine.

i'd get something like a second hand tamron 17-50 if it exists with integrated autofocus engine.

So I'm in the market for a new tri-pod. Definitely want a ballhead and would like it to breakdown to 24" or less because of travel. I'm looking at the Manfrotto 724b but would also like something that extends to 60+". What do you guys use/recommend? I'd like to keep the price <$150.

Any recommendations on fixed lenses, cheap/affordable + good quality. Want an all-around shooting lens preferably, probably wide angle. I've already got a kit 18-55 and a 55-200, but they're boring and useless for the most part. Looking for something with which I can do a lot with (portraiture, wide angle, crazy cool shit, generally a lens I can have FUN with)

any suggestions - I'm working with a Nikon D40X, nothing too hefty. Price range is probably between $0-$350 (holidays)

like someone mentioned, there's not many nikkors that will autofocus, but there are a bunch of sigmas right in your price range (i think) that should fit what you want. 30 1.4, 50 1.4, 10-20 are all fun lenses.

i don't get the G1

isnt the whole point of m4/3 that you dont have to make cameras look like dslrs anymore? so why did they make it look like a dslr?

conservative consumers, to balance those big zoom lenses, make us wait longer...

hey, photo. you have to pay the photoshop tax just like everyone else.

jeepster, sounds like you want the af-s micro nikkor 60/2.8.

captain, consider the feisol 3441. it's pretty hard to make a travel tripod go that high and still be sturdy, which translates into more $$.

I currently use a nikon d70, and I'm happy with it. With All the DSLR's continuously coming out, I rather have my money go towards glass than a new body. Maybe if I plan on having a career in photography, I would upgrade. The point I'm getting at is that it's not the SLR, it's the person using it.

• 2 weeks later...

Nikon D40 Dslr with 2 len's and bunch of accessories.

-18-55mm Wide angle lens, 55-200 Telephoto lens both with protective UV filters

-3 memory cards two 2GB and one 4Gb SD cards,

-2 Nikon d40 batteries and charger and a Lowepro camera bag to hold it all.

-All equipment is like new condition no scratches or dings,

all this would be good for 500 OBO?

Jeepster: sigma 30mm f1.4

link me? I just want something interesting/can give me a variety of uses. I'll probably need to get some filters but I can do that after the holidays when I'm back in the city.

anything thats applicable, please provide links. thanks, will reward with +rep <3

sigma 30 1.4 is great. it's probably on my camera 80% of the time because it's so versitile. great bokeh, quick af. only complaint is that's it a little big.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/381616-REG/Sigma_300306_30mm_f_1_4_EX_DC.html

here's KR's review: http://www.kenrockwell.com/sigma/30mm-f14.htm but if you get a good copy or have yours calibrated by sigma for free, a lot of the problems he complains about are barely noticeable.