Digital SLRs?

nairb49

I just started with a Canon XT a few weeks ago and I've been more than satisfied with the kit lens. I would suggest just taking pictures with what you've got and improving your glass down the road when you have a better idea of what you want/need. If you're really itching to get something you could look into something like a 18-200mm zoom as an all-around lens. I don't anything about what Nikon or the third party manufacturers offer in that range. However, if you've got cash to burn just disregard what I've said and maybe someone else can give you some recommendations.

I have an 18-200 VR for my nikons. it's a pretty sweet lense although I do like taking pictures with my prime as it's way faster and focuses a lot better. it's definitely a good all around lense when you're just going around town although it's heavy compared to the kit lense on most cameras.

Now seems to be a good time to get a used D80; I've noticed a lot of them popping up (some including the lens) as people are upgrading to the D90.

It's "legit" but shady, in the sense that you'll get something. Expect to get the body & lens alone without a battery or charger, which they'll charge you hundreds of dollars extra for. There are a few companies that do this, most owned by a few individuals with multiple sites.

i just copped a new d80. Im really anal and dont like buying used electronics because you never really know what youre getting.

Loving the d80 thus far and have a 50mm f/1.8 on its way

hey so my girlfriends dad owns a liquor store, and one of his customers randomly gave him a nikon d40. he knows i've been wanting an slr so he just flat out gave it to me. i've got no idea what to do with the thing! i need to sit down w/ the manual today...

any glass reco's for someone starting out?

Sigma 30mm f1.4

Oh, I'm switching to a full-frame camera soon which was why I probably didn't look into it. I read a review on it from kenrockwell.com and it listed some issues on autofocusing but what do you mean by wider? It sounds pretty solid besides that.
50mm on a crop was way to long for a walkaround lens(ymmv)

It just depends on what you shoot. Like I've been shooting shows with the 50mm and usually small venues. It's a pain if your too close to the band but 30mm is more forgiving. I can't wait to switch to 5D as well, i think a 2.8 zoom will be possible for low lights.

no, he totally ripped me the fuck off. i sent payment and eveything. when i recieved the package there was a bunch of bullshit like books, cables, chargers. just shit. everything was chill, but he obviously never replied once he sent the package out. i cant believe i got $600 stolen from me online, after dealing with online purchases for years. i've done everything i could through paypal i guess.... if anyone can help i would appreciate it, but ive pretty muhc given up hope that i will see my money or the camera.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM idrawdinosaurs!!!!!

so you guys remember that nikon d40 idrawdinosaurs had up for sale? i got totally ripped off, im in the process of getting my money back, but i doubt itll happen. wtf, seriously. i really needed a camera, now im fucked thanks to this asshole.

i'll sell you my xt for waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy less than $600.

hahah i gotta make some loot back first. ive done the obvious, paypal dispute, escalate, etc. anyone else have any experience with shit like this? it might be too late tho. fuck my life...

what's the deal with the paypal claim? in my experience, buyers usually have no trouble getting money back. is it because there was a legit tracking # ?

• 2 weeks later...