Digital SLRs?

nairb49

hum. the D60, like the D40 and D40x needs lenses with an autofocus engine in them because the body in itself doesn't have one. it means that on most Nikkor prime lenses you will only have manual focus available.

hum. the D60, like the D40 and D40x needs lenses with an autofocus engine in them because the body in itself doesn't have one. it means that on most Nikkor prime lenses you will only have manual focus available.

thanks for the info. So i guess its not a lost cause when it comes with a/f lenses, just can't use the Nikkor prime lenses. Much appreciated info sir.

No, most AF ones won't work. AF means they can autofocus, but they aren't going to do it themselves. You need AF-S or Sigma ones with HSM (?) designation.

so should my question is this...which is better....

the xti or d60?

when people say "it feels a lot better with the battery grip", you know the ergos aren't good...and they aren't. i wouldn't consider the canon rebels unless your hand is 6'' or shorter, fingertip to wrist. the xxD bodies are another matter.

They keep getting smaller and smaller…

thanks for the reply... still weighing my options tho... i can spend like $600 on it.. has anyone bought thos bundle packs on ebay with for example, a D60, two tripods, lenses, memory card, etc, etc.? is it worth buying one of thos to start off with? thanks again guise

researched a lil bit on the canon 30d... so would you say canon 30D > nikon D40? im also contemplating the nikon D60. my main goal in investing in a camera is that i want a good one to start off with, but something i could hold on to for a while without it becomming too old or me having to upgrade.

30D and D40 aren't the same category at all. D40 is entry level dslr with limited expansionability, 30D is a semi pro dslr. the description of the perfect camera for you fits the 30D.

^thanks alot for the help.. ill research more about the 30D. im still a super noob when it comes to cameras, but it seems like this would be a hobby that i would enjoy and stick with for a while. also, once i get my camera im gonna take a series of phtography classes at my college.

dunno... what you like ? get a Canon 18-55IS if you don't know what you like so you have a wider focal to find out which focal length you prefer.

or get a 50mm 1.8 but on a cropped sensor it's a big too long to take indoor pictures.

• 2 weeks later...