Digital SLRs?

nairb49

I'm selling my canon 20d, my panasonic dvx100b and my redrock m2 adapter...

to get the canon 5d mkii

I already have great audio mics, and you can tether hard drives to the camera. ballershit.

i'm getting pretty scared about the implications of this on the video world. 35mm DoF, and virtually no noise at 1600-3200 ASA.

that sample short film looks AMAZING but he did use $25,000 in lenses. :eek:

the first time i see a DSLR on a glidecam i'm going to laugh.

i'm getting pretty scared about the implications of this on the video world. 35mm DoF, and virtually no noise at 1600-3200 ASA.

that sample short film looks AMAZING but he did use $25,000 in lenses. :eek:

the first time i see a DSLR on a glidecam i'm going to laugh.

I already have a sachtler tripod, pretty serious business. the camera is going to look stupid on it but oh well :D

Does anyone have a cheap tripod they can sell to me? Don't need a high-end one at the moment, thanks.

Save your money for at least a decent one. I have a shitty tripod and it scares me sometimes when I use it around water or on rough surfaces. It's well worth it to get one that is at least decent. Ballhead or not is up to you though.

^^

Thanks for the suggestion, but I just can't afford a higher end tripod at the moment. I just bought a tripod off ebay to use for now (to use at family events and the like), and the brand is called "Minette". Sounds like a French name but it's supposedly made in Japan :confused:

2895_1.JPG

My budget is somewhere in the range you mentioned. I'd like to get a ball head whenever I get a new setup. I could spend the money right now, but there are other things that need it more.

Just got an XSi body, and need money for lens

$650 shipped gets you:

Nikon d40 (3 months old, box is minty fresh, Nikon Strap still sealed)

2 Nikon Batteries, 1 Generic (3 Total)

Kit Lens

Nikkor 55-200 AF-S VR Lens (quite possibly the best lens for the money on EARTH)

Nikon 50mm F/1.8 (awesome for portraits, MIJ)

Domke Duckhead Camera Case

4GB SD Card + All in One Card Reader

Some Filters

Get at me, cause this will go on the bay or thrown on the marketplace real soon.