Shoes are not my forte

Jay-

I need some serious help finding the right pair of shoes to suit me. I always have nice kicks, but I think I buy them because they look awesome as a piece themselves (like my Babestas I picked up in SoHo 2 years ago before they became the poser uniform). They go with like nothing I have (except a couple multi-coloured polos).

My style is like casual/dressy. But still always casual. White T-s, black sport shits, nice denim, Belstaff biker jacket for spring, black peacoat for winter. Basically alot of black, white and grey, except I go nuts with colour in the summer. I've been wearing my black leather work shoes to the clubs (cuz that's all I have other than a few random pairs of kicks), but I need something more.

Anyone have suggestions?

I need some serious help finding the right pair of shoes to suit me. I always have nice kicks, but I think I buy them because they look awesome as a piece themselves (like my Babestas I picked up in SoHo 2 years ago before they became the poser uniform). They go with like nothing I have (except a couple multi-coloured polos).

My style is like casual/dressy. But still always casual. White T-s, black sport shits, nice denim, Belstaff biker jacket for spring, black peacoat for winter. Basically alot of black, white and grey, except I go nuts with colour in the summer. I've been wearing my black leather work shoes to the clubs (cuz that's all I have other than a few random pairs of kicks), but I need something more.

Anyone have suggestions?

it may be against the grain but i think the onitsuka really matches a casually classy look. the white/black and the red/white bruce lee tigers can go with anything, especially to offset a greyscale outfit. they are no "shoe" by any means, i mean, its not like they are going to be as nice as your work shoes, but they are comfortable, wearable, and just classy enough.

Why not get some converse chucks?

It's the extreme of casual. Trendy and retro, yes (I have a few pairs), but one of the least impressive shoes in history. They are almost too simple. And I've come soooo close to busting my ankes in them. Very cleaply made.

I need something that will look casual, but still pretty pimping and classy at the same time. Something in suede/leather and in black, grey, white, or a combo. I'm trying very hard to steer away from colour, it's so tempting.

Wow, this post is going nowhere.

Personally I'd just start looking around on the internet and in stores. I know this is rather obvious, but it really does help just to look around and find something you like rather than jumping on something too quick. Check out a bunch of online stores, and, if you find something you like, find a store that carries it and go try them on to see if you like the look on you.

hahah

thats ridiculous

everyone asks for suggestions as to what wear its no big deal

they do it without trying to boost ego first.

obviously there's nothing wrong with asking for clothing advice. but you're going to start calling people posers you should at least have your own shit together.

Maybe some all leather prison issue or sk8 hi's? stan smiths are nice too. much better than chucks in terms of quality and a clean, simple look that you don't see all the time. adidas safety and forest hills.....i'm sure there's more.

also, jet: there's no need to be so aggressive...i mean, it's a fashion forum. no one here is truly hard. get over it.

Anyone have suggestions?

If shoes are not your forte it would be a good idea to go out there and try a few pairs in a local store, nothing beats handling the material and matching it with your other gear. Thankfully TO is a pretty convenient place to do that, you could just drop at Nomad and see what they got then go to other high-end similar stores. Once you've got a better idea of what you need just post it here and people will post plenty of similar shoes, lower/higher priced models, better places to get them, etc.

I know it doesn't sound that helpful but sincerely I think places like here are great to hear about new stuff and available options but you must know what you're looking for first otherwise the choices are staggering.

And your point is?

You're the one saying "i can beat you up lol" ON THE INTERNET.

No, what I said was that you'd be too ***** to say it to me in person.

Reading comprehension>you

Jay$, follow Fuuma's advice I think that would be your best bet since he knows exactly what he speaks.