blue in green visit

blake

Just got back from NYC. Spend a couple of hours at Blue in Green. Great experience. Travis is very cool and knows what is going on. I bought a pair of the pure japan xx-005 black. They are amazing! This is a must see for anyone living in or visiting new york. Even the people at 45rpm asked if we had been there yet. They also have a couple of brands (non-denim) that are amazing.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

man im fuckin excited for blake's spring stuff. What sucks is i only get to visit Blake when i visit my parents and theyre clueless of wat kinda clothes i buy and wear. They think i shop at Old Navy. Blake...you guys should have a big party like the S.Edge party for us PacNW people. I was like...man ticket to SF is like 250 which is a nice pair of jeans... but you cant really put a price on meeting up with some genuine denim heads.

BIG is definitely awesome for their courage in traversing the japanese denim frontier...but more for their integrity. Since their opening I have been in contact with the owners and can attest to their dedication to customers.

Also I understand they are to date the only authorized USA distributor for Samurai jeans and are working hard at bringing us more difficult to find gear.

BiG is a great shop. I got my Warehouse 1001xx's from them, and I couldn't have had a more painless time popping my, uh, Japanese denim cherry, if you will...

agreed. about those warehouse, i can't believe more people don't give that brand love. truly an underated underappreciated underdog. the best bargain for natural indigo!

saw em in person, very dope and i can vouch for his bloody knuckles...they were fucked.

just a heads up, careful with your PBJ's. I ripped a hole in the crotch this weekend. So sad, I wish I could wear them everyday but now I must get them repaired. :(

I met with my landlords today about expanding blake. If we do take on more space, then we will finally throw an opening party (three and a half years later) we are also going to be putting the store online in the next six months.

that sucks that your pdj's ripped. I have yet to soak mine yet. where are you getting them repaired?

BIG is definitely awesome for their courage in traversing the japanese denim frontier...but more for their integrity. Since their opening I have been in contact with the owners and can attest to their dedication to customers.

definately agreed, im heading up to nyc (and BiG, duh) in feb and been talking to gordon via email, extremely helpful guy, even let me know they restocked on pbjs w/o my having to ask

just a heads up, careful with your PBJ's. I ripped a hole in the crotch this weekend. So sad, I wish I could wear them everyday but now I must get them repaired. :(

kix, howd you get the hole?!

i ripped em just pushing down the street on my skateboard in SF. It sucks. Im so bumbed and slightly suprised. It seemed like a real spontaneous rip considering I have only been wearing the jeans for two weeks

Blake, I need to fix them but Im stuck back in eugene. Know anyone down here bud?

i ripped em just pushing down the street on my skateboard in SF. It sucks. Im so bumbed and slightly suprised. It seemed like a real spontaneous rip considering I have only been wearing the jeans for two weeks

Blake, I need to fix them but Im stuck back in eugene. Know anyone down here bud?

same thing happened with my skulls :(

but i was doing tricks

are they tight for u around the hip or thighs?

• 1 year later...

just came back to toronto from visiting new york

blue in green is a great store, small but selection is ace

gordon is super nice, was able to do a rush job repair on my friend's warehouse

and even gave a big discount on a leather messenger my other friend bought

just wanted to give a shout out to them