Imperial Dukes vs Nudie Straight Sven

Guest Montreal

Guest Montreal

Before you get on my case, yes I searched, and yes I found a 38 page thread which I do not have the time nor patience to go through.

I'd like to know how the cut of the Imperials compares to the Straight Sven? I love, LOVE my SSDS, but as of late, I have found them to be slightly too loose. Ideally, I'd like a pair of Dior's or something along those lines, but my body type does not allow me to wear jeans that skinny (I have a very small lower body, paired with a huge chest so it just looks weird). Lately, I've had my eye on Imperial Dukes. I love the way they look, and people seem to dig their quality and construction so again, I ask, how does the cut compare to the SSDS (or even the RRDS)?

Thanks!

I've personally only tried on the pre distressed version of the Straight Svens and I think the Imperials are much slimmer, even after stretching. Also, I think they waist is generally higher on the Imperials as well. Love the Dukes though! My fav. pair of jeans right now.

i wear the ssds in japanese selvage and i have a pretty similar body type as you (that i'm trying to fix haha, i workout legs ALL the time!)

anyway, if it helps my svens are a 32x34 and the measurement go like this (sorry about the different scales)

waist -- stretched out to 45cm

front rise -- 10 in

back rise -- 15 in

leg opening -- 9 in

they are a great fit on me albeit they have stretched out a whole lot, but its nothing a soak or wash can't fix. the cut and proportion of the front and backrise is just right for me - i could go maybe half an inch or an inch lower on either but no more than that, but in all honesty its fine the way it is. i roll the bottom hem, just the hem though, not enough to show the selvage too much. it keeps them from dragging on the ground and keeps them bunching at my shoes.

i know the dukes are made very well and are top quality, the only downside i have to them is that they have those ginormous back pockets that aren't too flattering.

Ive owned a duke and i still have my RRDS. the RRDS is still much looser than the duke even though i sized down on them. Even a sized up duke will not be as loose as the ralf. I have some kinda crappy pictures of the fit of both on me. PM me and ill email them to you if you want.