Nudie vs Crate sizing

quid

i have sz 31 nudie svens, i had slim jims, but they were too slim in the thighs. so how does the crate james iv compair in sizing. should i just jump to 32, or just get a 31.

and i have my mind made up on crate, so theres no need to talk me out of it :D

I know that the new james are crazy true to size. The black ones I have will not stretch...

The Crates I have stretched like crazy. I bought a pair of James III's a few month ago in a 29 which was a slightly too tight fit initially and they're now slightly loose. I just bought a new pair in a 28, which I couldn't even button up at first and after a few days they fit quite well. Given their inconsistent denim sources I imagine it's going to be difficult to compare though. Some of their lots might stretch a bunch, some not at all. The James I have are the super dark indigo (almost, but not quite black) with black stitching and the dark indigo with light brown/orange stitching, though who knows if that'll be helpful. For reference, I also have a pair of Ola's in a 28, which fit in between the two Crates. There are pics of my first James and Olas in the How do Jeans Fit thread. I can post pics of the new Crates later tonight if it's helpful.

The Crates I have stretched like crazy. I bought a pair of James III's a few month ago in a 29 which was a slightly too tight fit initially and they're now slightly loose. I just bought a new pair in a 28, which I couldn't even button up at first and after a few days they fit quite well. Given their inconsistent denim sources I imagine it's going to be difficult to compare though. Some of their lots might stretch a bunch, some not at all. The James I have are the super dark indigo (almost, but not quite black) with black stitching and the dark indigo with light brown/orange stitching, though who knows if that'll be helpful. For reference, I also have a pair of Ola's in a 28, which fit in between the two Crates. There are pics of my first James and Olas in the How do Jeans Fit thread. I can post pics of the new Crates later tonight if it's helpful.

that would be really helpful, thanks a lot!

heres some pics of the svens on me, size 31

sven31_01.jpg

sven31_02.jpg

sven31_03.jpg

sven31_04.jpg

as you can see, theyre a bit big. i dont want to get too much slimmer than this, but at the same time, i definatly dont want bigger.