Starch removal from soaking?

khaltire

I just thought about this now, didnt really see it in the encyclopedia...

How much starch from a brand new pair of jeans does soaking them in warm water remove? Is it a significant amount? How about cold? Is it actually to the point where you should not want to soak them in warm, cause it removes so much? What are the advantages or disadvantages in terms of having extra starch on your jeans (for breaking them in)?

Im still on the hunt to find the perfect pair, just bought a pair of S5000VX in 26 (come as 28), so I plan on soaking them in warm... will this really even matter in the future.. I know they are just jeans, but (assuming they fit), I would like these to turn out well...

Im obviously paranoid, but hey, 250 back to back for a pair of jeans is something I cant keep doing!

The amount of starch lost in a single soak will not make a marginal difference in how they break in, being that hundreds of people have soaked their jeans for over 5 hours in hot water and nothing bad happened to them. In my experience I have poured near boiling water in the bath for soaking to get a lot more shrinkage out of my jeans and nothing went bad about them.

Soaking your s5000VX shouldn't be a problem.

I agree with dancancer. I soaked my NS after just a month of wearing because they got pretty gnarly from a party the night before. The soak got alot of the starch out and softened them up a bit. I didn't have crazy defined creases or anything after a month so the creases I did have dissappeared. They seem to be wearing fine though even with little to non-existent starch.

Guest Berget__

If anything they might even get stiffer after the soak. My edwins were very stiff in the beginning, then they softened up a lot after about a years wear. Then I washed and hang dried them, and now they are stiff as cardboard again.

If anything they might even get stiffer after the soak. My edwins were very stiff in the beginning, then they softened up a lot after about a years wear. Then I washed and hang dried them, and now they are stiff as cardboard again.

strange.....i wondered how the hell that happened?