new spot in PHILLY---> Deep Sleep

xdeadlast

hey,

54 North 3rd. Steet in (Olde City) Philadelphia.

(same block as WTHN)

if you're in the area check it out.

we're young so so far we're working with:

call of the wild, mhi, wesc, fucking awesome, alex and chloe, name ribbon, house 33, UARM, evisu...

mhi arrives on wednesday.

add us on myspace (yeah, yeah, we know...)

http://www.myspace.com/deepxsleep

hey man, thanks.

say hello next time you come in.

this week we secured deals with: APC jeans, Johnny Cupcakes and Steven Shein jewelery. so that stuff will be rolling in soon.

we have shelves being built, so we're gonna have some more room.

i'm gonna PM you what else we got in store.

vomit.jpg

i feel ya kid. but we know him through a friend, he's a good dude. and a few chicks have been coming in and asking about it. so you know?

as for Visvim. i don't know man. philly is hard to win over. kids are mainly hypebeasters interested in shitty t-shirt designs. (i can't believe brands are still doing the rip-of art shit) and alot of people have been already saying they can't afford the prices. but with time we'll see.

Sleep crew, good job on the shop! it's always nice seeing other entrepreneurs doing their thing. If you haven't already, get in touch with [email protected] he handles all the national and international wholesale.

artificialsky / Andrew, you've gone out of your way to talk trash on my brand a few times. Nevertheless, congrats on your skate shop, I've heard good things from some friends of mine in Seattle. It just seems a bit unprofessional that another business owner would go out of there way (more than a few times), to be a douche. I understand I'm a kid that makes clothes with cupcakes on em, and not everyone is going to be into what I do... but you can at least respect that I've dropped out of school and slowly created a million dollar brand out of my oh so puke-able shirts with cupcakes on em. No investors, no loans, my friends and family all work for me, yada yada.. I'm probably talking to a wall, but I figured I'd say something.

Happy Holidays.

johnny

http://www.johnnycupcakes.com

Don't you own or work at Goods in Seattle? Seeing that you list it as your website and you use to have their logo as your icon. I am confused. Either way, you'e giving that store a bad name by being ignorant.

All I'm saying is that I've worked real hard for the past 4 years to get to where I am, and it's a bum out that you go out of your way here & there to be a douche bag.

I guess that's all part of the messageboard game! Everyone's entitled to they're opinion.

You should read 'The Story' on my website.

http://johnnycupcakes.com/thestory/

two colors, dark indigo and black

styling seemed similar to APC / older helmut lang? has black levis-style tab on pocket with Goods logo

the jeans are raw denim, but not selvage, the black looks better

was there when shipment came in, huge boxes with like five-hundred stamps on them, apparently they don't have sizes smaller than 30/30? didn't confirm or try on

...the goods x new era stuff is gonna be better...

This is a post you made a while back that made me think you worked at Goods in Seattle (in addition to the needgoods.com website you list in your profile...as well as the logo). I thought you were Andrew from Goods for a minute. If not, then who are you? My good friends from Seattle are curious.

PS: What is it that you do? Besides being the 'Undefeated Champ' of a messageboard. You've been hiding behind that name of yours for a while. Whats your real name? Where do you work? And the question of the year, do you have a myspace?

I mean, I am honored to be talking to "The Superfuture Undefeated Champ" and all (who wins every thread he posts)... You're family must be real proud.

While I polish your trophy, see if you can scoop me up some of that information, champ!

not as proud as you should be for scouring over every one of my old posts, because you're so pissed off about me hating your t-shirts that you're trying to find out about me so you can get your "boys" in the town to kick my ass, or whatever.

the illustrious tradition of t-shirt brands making threats to people on superfuture continues.

talk about giving a brand a bad name.

not as proud as you should be for scouring over every one of my old posts, because you're so pissed off about me hating your t-shirts that you're trying to find out about me so you can get your "boys" in the town to kick my ass, or whatever.

the illustrious tradition of t-shirt brands making threats to people on superfuture continues.

talk about giving a brand a bad name.

I'm not pissed off that you don't like my shirts. That's silly. Every day I get a handful of chubby people that climb up the stairs of my shop thinking it's a bakery, and then telling me my business isn't going to last more than a month because I don't sell real food.

Threats? Get your mind out of the gutter. I just have a ton of friends in Seattle, some of which shop at Goods, and I'm confused in whether or not you work there. We may have similar friends?

....the illustrations tradition of a message board champ hiding behind a computer on superfuture, continues.

talk about giving a great shop a bad name.

I'm not pissed off that you don't like my shirts. That's silly. Every day I get a handful of chubby people that climb up the stairs of my shop thinking it's a bakery, and then telling me my business isn't going to last more than a month because I don't sell real food.

Threats? Get your mind out of the gutter. I just have a ton of friends in Seattle, some of which shop at Goods, and I'm confused in whether or not you work there. We may have similar friends?

....the illustrations tradition of a message board champ hiding behind a computer on superfuture, continues.

talk about giving a great shop a bad name.

hey, don't backpedal now and play diplomacy now, i liked it better when you were trying to make it all personal and shit!

give me a break, i do this on my lunch break and when i can't sleep at night. i'm not required to give you my fucking tax returns to have an opinion on your fucking t-shirts, and if you can't handle the fact that i won't give you my home address and phone number just because i don't like your brand, well, too fucking bad, maybe you ought not to look at this message board.

so you can rattle on all you like about how you know everyone around me and how you're linked up with FSU and how all they would all "LOVE TO MEET" me (SUBTLE! Don Corleone you're not), and lame attempts to try and hurt my e-ego by telling me i'm "hiding" from you and what not.

at the end of the day you're still the big important company dude demanding names and addresses of one little guy on a messageboard who happens not to like your shit. womp womp womp.

Philly is popping up with spots these days...Pedestrian which my friend is cool with the owners...

now another spot to put on my list to visit:)

all in all, hope your business prospers and good luck with everything...from the brands you carry and will be carrying, you have grabbed my attention...

and yeah I agree with the guy about Visvim...ill personally take the two hour drive everytime you get a shipment and thats real!!! MANY people in the US want Visvim and cant seem to get due to its rarety...

just offer shipping...just a seggestion though!

cant wait to visit!

Philly is popping up with spots these days...Pedestrian which my friend is cool with the owners...

all in all, hope your business prospers and good luck with everything...from the brands you carry and will be carrying, you have grabbed my attention...

and yeah I agree with the guy about Visvim...ill personally take the two hour drive everytime you get a shipment and thats real!!! MANY people in the US want Visvim and cant seem to get due to its rarety...

cant wait to visit!

i agree, it would be interestng/exciting to see more underground labels available in philly but my advice would be to take it slow. For some reason philly is years behind NYC and Boston(!!!) as far as fashion goes, and to front the money for something like visvim when people in philly gripe about prices all the time, it really could either make or break a store within a year. I mean i could be all "get this underground brand this and that" and if someone takes the gamble, most likely it would fail. I think the model WTHN (Mason) has taken so far w/ building a clientle and loyal customers before diving head first into stuff he won't get rid of has paid off for him. At least I won't buy sneakers anywhere else besides WTHN. Does everyone remember what happened to UBIQ? Place was awesome for like 1 year then the nosedive into the ground. I'd rather see these stores around in 5 years carrying stuff people will buy than around for 1 year with stuff I'd be the only one buying. Good to see philly people come and support this stuff.

cant wait to visit!

pretty soon theyll have a web store up where you can buy stuff but if you contact them by phone or email or myspace or something they will send you shit now. phil just sent out a fucking awesome t shirt to someone through myspace.

as far as visvim goes... ive tried to talk him into this 2 or 3 times but hes pretty skeptical. he thinks that there isnt really a market for it and hes right, there isnt. hopefully his shit will open up big time when he gets the store up and running.

no sneakers at deep sleep, but we have plenty of new stuff in and wthn is right aorund the corner.

new stuff/more FA sizes available now.

fucking awesome shirts

clothes1.jpg

mhi shirts

clothes3.jpg

mhi jackets

clothes4.jpg

fucking awesome, nudie, and wesc jeans

clothes2.jpg

uarm, name ribbon and call of the wild shirts

Picture002.jpg