Dry denim for tall girls?

Arethusa

I showed Andrew's blog post on Geishas to a friend of mine, and she loved them. Unfortunately, she's 6' tall and needs a 35-36" (post wash) inseam. Are there any good denim options (Japanese or otherwise) for her?

Ande Whall was the only one I could think of, but I can't find anything on his women's cuts, and I'm wondering if there's anything else.

Did anyone else see this? (from comments on Andrew's blog)

quality-wise them Geisha’s make my denims crap, now my next pair has to be some serious Jap denim… Self Edge is collaborating with Sugarcane to make a pair of selvage denim cut like Dior Homme 19cm, and I think it will be available in black also, I think I’m gonna put my name down on a pair of those for sho… shit man…

Holy shit.

servo2000: I am still a bit skeptical about denim that thick cut like DH 19cm though, I'm also not sure if one can achieve the fit without darting the back... but I will be able to check them out in person to decide... :)

For tall girls, maybe some APC new cure? I think they're 36 dry, so just dry clean them... I was at the SF Bottega Veneta store yesterday and Megan who works there was rocking a pair of APC New Cure, looks super nice, she got their tailor to taper them even more too!

servo2000: I am still a bit skeptical about denim that thick cut like DH 19cm though, I'm also not sure if one can achieve the fit without darting the back... but I will be able to check them out in person to decide... :)

Let us know! Repro-cuts have never been terribly flattering on me, but I have an insatiable desire for japanese denim. It's looking like these or Skulls for me, and not ordering from Japan will be awesome.

same here, I had a chat with Minya about this, he didn't like the Skulls after a while and has sold them since... I was all excited reading about them coz they look like 19cm with selvage denim to me, but he said they fit nothing like the DH...

For tall girls, maybe some APC new cure? I think they're 36 dry, so just dry clean them... I was at the SF Bottega Veneta store yesterday and Megan who works there was rocking a pair of APC New Cure, looks super nice, she got their tailor to taper them even more too!

She's looking for something she can wash normally. I should also note straight leg or slight boot cut. Pretty sure she's not looking for skinny trend stuff like New Cures.

Give the New Standards a try, they're straight leg. And you most certainly can wash them regularly, it'll keep the fit looking slimmer as well as it won't have as much time to get stretched out. I could be wrong, but the only difference about washing regularly is that you won't have as clearly defined fades, although I do believe that they will still, in fact, fade over time.

ande whall is probably her best bet then... since they're kindda like custom orders you can get the inseam probably at any length you want...

Give the New Standards a try, they're straight leg. And you most certainly can wash them regularly, it'll keep the fit looking slimmer as well as it won't have as much time to get stretched out. I could be wrong, but the only difference about washing regularly is that you won't have as clearly defined fades, although I do believe that they will still, in fact, fade over time.

What? New Standards are tapers. And I meant regular washing as in actually being able to wash them, not washing every week. APC's inseam shrinkage would mean dry clean only.

ayn: Does Ande still have information on his women's cuts around? The current thread only has four of his men's cuts, but I remember women's stuff (and more men's stuff, too) I saw a long time ago.

What? New Standards are tapers. And I meant regular washing as in actually being able to wash them, not washing every week. APC's inseam shrinkage would mean dry clean only.

ayn: Does Ande still have information on his women's cuts around? The current thread only has four of his men's cuts, but I remember women's stuff (and more men's stuff, too) I saw a long time ago.

Ah, sorry about that Arethusa. What I meant was that New Standards fit like straight legs (imo), or at least, they do on me. Are you only worried about shrinkage for normal washing, or also color loss?

I think he was worried about inseam shrinkage after wash, his friend needs at least 36 and APC after shrinkage is probably less than that as they come in 36" raw...

Yeah, just shrinkage. APC comes out to around 33-34" after washing, if I recall correctly. Hard to find dry denim that normalizes to a 35-36" inseam after being washed. By "normal" washing, I meant somewhere between every month and every six, but, basically, the difference between being able to wash them and treating them as dry clean only, which I personally think is pretty silly with jeans.

there are sanforized denim with 37 inseam, like my dh 19cm... so maybe some 21cm? they're pretty straight to me, but i've never seen them on girls... haha... def need to post pics if she got them...

Aren't those around 4-500? I know I didn't mention a price cap, but those are definitely way out. I guess I'll just tell her to talk to Ande.

they're around 300, the geisha costs about the same... what about some LVC's?

Since nobody else posted it, the Self Edge collabo is with Ironheart, not Sugarcane. And its supposed to fit like 21cm DH, not 19cm.

wrong, SE x IH is the first collab, and you apparently didn't know about the SC one so STFU... :)

in person, he was pretty excited about them... he prolly told me coz I was rocking my 19cm when I first when in there... He also talked about them at the opening party, a few other SFers were there... not sure when they would come out though, but def after the SEXIH collab...

Let us know! Repro-cuts have never been terribly flattering on me, but I have an insatiable desire for japanese denim. It's looking like these or Skulls for me, and not ordering from Japan will be awesome.

Dude, lots of Japanese companies make non-repro jeans. PBJ-005s are not repros. Studio D'Artisan SD-D1002, 105, 103, 003, and several more are not repros(well, the x03 are repro inspired, but they are much slimmer). JohnBull SC003,005,007,008, are slightly tapered, medium rise, slightly bootcut, medium rise, and superlow rise-true straight leg and superlow rise super tight tapered leg, respectively, all modern fit. Fullcount 1108 are not repros, and there are other models. Skulls - not at all repros. And the list goes on! All available at BIG, btw.