How much do 501 STF's stretch?

Chaoticâ„¢

Or raw denims in general? All the links on the Sticky about STF's are broken, so It's no help.

I bought a pair of STF's before, and it wasn't too tight on me, so the creases didn't form as well as it shouldv'e. THe thought of shrinking made me go hella sizes up. Should I go sizes down this time since they will stretch anyway?

Thanks.

get your true waist size, but 2-3 inches longer inseam. pre-soak them in hot water (dont move them around in the water, just let it sit) and then hang dry. the waist will have shrunk an inch and the pants will feel stiff. then wear them a lot and break them in properly, the waist should loosen up 1 or 2 inches and you'll get good creases. to help creases form better, lightly spray areas with starch before wearing.

i soaked mine in hot/warm water until the water became room temperature. if you put the jeans in and dont touch them at all, just leave it alone for a few hours, then there will be minimal indigo loss. when i drained my tub (with the jeans still in the tub) the water was still clear, not blue. but when i hang dried it, the water that dripped from the jeans were blue.

They are called SHRINK TO FIT for a reason. You put them in water and they shrink. I believe I've already given you this advice.

If you don't do it, then when you do wash/soak/get caught in the the rain they will shrink. And any awesome creases or honeycombs will be displaced because of the shrinkage. It's up to you.

I was talking about Pre-Soaking. Thank you, anyways.

I'm aware, and if you looked around a bit all of your questions would be answered. In short, soaking is necessary because when your STF first hit water they are going to shrink inches, inseam, waist, everywhere. If you break them in before soaking, when you do wash, all of the wear is going to move and be misplaced.

Sorry for not searching, guys. All I looked at is the encyclopedia thing, but all the links seemed to be broken.

Anyways, thanks for all the help.

I'm planning on soaking them. THe waist fits me true to size. Will it shrink so much that I wouldn't be able to put them on anymore?

Sorry if my questions are too annnoying. I know you guys have seen the question a million times.

You're right about all of the links not working on the Definitive STF Guide. Here is a hint to looking at those old threads. Just look at the number at the end of the link. Replace the one up top on this thread with the last number. Like http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=7203 would be the "ONE WASH : Warm water vs Cold water" - kapay - Great Thread from that guide. I would definitely check that one out and think about maybe cold soaking. It says wash, but it means soak and that is what you're interested in right now.

Generally, when buying these it is stated that you need to size up to accomodate the shrinking in the waist and in the inseam. Something like"

If your waist is; Increase size by

27 - 36"; 1"

38 - 46"; 2"

If your inseam is; Increase size by

27 - 34"; 3"

36"- & up; 4"

So maybe you have the right size. I mean, they should fit true to size, but then they shrink. So you might be best off with a cold soak or no soak ever.

I think I'm not gonna soak them first. I'm afraid that the jeans will shrink so much that I wouldn't be able to fit it. But then, if I have to wash my jeans, all the creases will move, due to it's shrinking. Gaaah I'm so confused.

And I know STF's aren't that good, but I am only 14 and I am not ready to pull out some money for some high end denim.

I think I shouldn't just pre-soak them...or should I?

man, when i was your age i dont think i even looked in mirrors.

warm/hot soak your stf's, put them on when they are still a little damp/almost dry and wear them until they are dry. this will prevent them from shrinking too much and you'll set in some good creases and all that bullshit too.

dont worry about it so much; now go get drunk and touch some boobs.