Pleated pants: why not?

patience

With a "proper job" now apparently I have to start dressing up. Asking around though apparently pleated pants are taboo. So I pose this question to the style experts of superfuture; pleated pants: yay or nay?

It's fine! Jesus, at long as the pleats are not all over the place and the pants fit you, no ones gonna care anyways.

Unless you are trying to pull some dapper 20's kind of thing (which is cool and everything), stick to flat front. On the few occasions that I have had to wear a suit (crappy ill fitting $100 kind of deal) I find that pleated pants make me look like i have a boner. they just lay weird. although i think a tall, slim guy could wear pleats if he pleased.

pleats were in fashion to show you could afford excess material.

but now the general consensus is the streamlined, unfussy, skinny-dior-esque is the new king.

thus pleats arent exactly high fashion.

but pleats can hide chunky thighs, and also the centrl crease down the middle, when it breaks just at the top of yur shoe, thats a good look.

in the end, wear what you think the majority will approve of.

coz the majority is never wrong

and stragglers will be shot

• 1 year later...

I'm apparently one of the few who believe pleats are hideous. At first glance yeah... they add an extra element that looks "nice". But they usually make you look like you have thunder hips at any and all angles. And as far as I know, pleats in pants were designed specifically for the larger male looking for a more comfortable fit. I say pleats on dark colored pants IF you need the space. Flat fronts on khaki's.

Just look at the second picture poliopoliopolio posted. I personally do not find the flare in the hips attractive.

I'm apparently one of the few who believe pleats are hideous. At first glance yeah... they add an extra element that looks "nice". But they usually make you look like you have thunder hips at any and all angles. And as far as I know, pleats in pants were designed specifically for the larger male looking for a more comfortable fit. I say pleats on dark colored pants IF you need the space. Flat fronts on khaki's.

Just look at the second picture poliopoliopolio posted. I personally do not find the flare in the hips attractive.

Those pants were clearly designed to exagerate the hips. I don't think it's the result of only pleats. If you want good examples of pleated pants that dont make the legs look at Jil Sander from FW07. All the pants were incredible and many pleated.

BUMPPPP

pleated pants are starting to look really good to me lately.

00040m.jpg

any less pricy recommendations? anyone know if zara/h&m has started ripping these off yet?

This picture is exactly why I don't like pleated pants. These pants would look great if they were flat front.