On a scale of 1-10

BOORADLEY

Can't see myself ever wearing that over my leather blazer... I'll go with a 5 just because I could blatantly flog it to some hipster idiot in a campus bar.

why would you wear that over a leather blazer?

and as for the whole hipster/scenester thing, i really dont understand why people get so worked up about different groups or sub cultures. i mean, why do you not like them in the first place? because they think they are too cool for school? and while that is valid.. arent we then in turn doing the EXACT same thing back to them by hating on them?

im not singling you out double d, im just saying it in general. and i dont mean to imply that you feel this way or anything.

When I said 'over' I meant instead of, sorry.

I'm sure a lot of people would classify myself as a 'hipster', but I'd like to distinguish myself from the group by pointing out that a) I'm actually a music student who plays in bands, rather than pretending to be in a band and studying philosophy, and B) you're never going to catch me in girl jeans and a cardigan from a charity shop.

I definitely don't hate the group as a whole, in fact I'm friends with a lot... I was just having a bit of a dig at the idiots who enter university every year and go through a radical and entirely pretentious image change to mask the fact that they're actually boring rich kids whose parents live in a nice house in Clapham or Shepherd's Bush.

why would you wear that over a leather blazer?

and as for the whole hipster/scenester thing, i really dont understand why people get so worked up about different groups or sub cultures. i mean, why do you not like them in the first place? because they think they are too cool for school? and while that is valid.. arent we then in turn doing the EXACT same thing back to them by hating on them?

im not singling you out double d, im just saying it in general. and i dont mean to imply that you feel this way or anything.

the hipsters and yuppies are destroying the street culture of NYC, gentrifying the neighborhoods, and kicking lower income people out of places they used to live in!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

that's one argument ive been hearing.