dry black is owning me.

shagnscoob

ive had these dry black slim jims for probably about a month or so now, and ive worn them SO much. there was a weekend when i wore them from wednesday night to tuesday night STRAIGHT, only taking them off the shower (i even slept in em). i did a ridiculous amount of walking, carrying stuff, etc etc... i even starched them so much that they were wet after drying for 12 hours!

but they show basically no wear whatsoever. if i ironed them i could sell them as new.

what the hell? how can i break these babies in?

one month is not much wear.

I have some Lees I am working on right now I have worn every day since Aug 25. 06. They show almost no wear, some wiskering around the crotch and knees which is very light, and the honeycomb may have a tiny amount of fade to it but it might me an optical illusion.

Short answer: One month of straight wear is almost nothing.

Besides you don't want them to break in fast. A fast break in does not give you the depth and quality of shades and colours that long breaks-ins typically get. A long break in will give you a good sense of accomplishment.

maybe chilling out about it will help.

The whole "ohshitwhenaretheygonnaturnawesome" stage is something to be expected, but just stop worrying about them and before you know it they'll be pretty well faded in.

Also, don't know about other people, but my APC's kinda faded in a short time span, first 4-5 months, not much. Then the last 2 months they've gone crazy and i've had to repair a whole, have like, 3 new ones forming, and all fading coming along pretty nicely.

me.

I don't own a single pair of shorts besides the ones I use for tennis.

I sleep in jeans literally every day. I only take em off for the shower and for a quick rinse every now and then. Despite all of this, I don't use my raw pairs often enough or tight enough to warrant any crazy wear.

probably sounds odd from someone living in hawaii, huh.

I say just live in them, don't do anything you would not normally do, at the same time don't refrain from doing things becuase you are worried about your jeans.

The "truer" you wear your jeans the more honest the wear on them is, they become reflection fo your life and personality beutiful patinated mirrors of your true self.

PS. I don't do anything special in my jeans just wear them they way I usually would, sometimes I do constructions in them, sometimes ride bike.

we just got those Black Black Slim Jims at Self Edge and they fit super nice, probably the nicest fitting Nudie's i've tried on so far.. black is the new black.

we just got those Black Black Slim Jims at Self Edge and they fit super nice, probably the nicest fitting Nudie's i've tried on so far.. black is the new black.

Co-sign on the fit, and on the "black is the new black."

I have worn the hell out of my SJDB and they show very little signs of wear, although they have molded to my legs really nicely (that's molded as in fit, not as in fungus) ;)

I don't mind at all; I like my jeans strong and black, just like I like my...

coffee.