Bicyclettes

canice

finally got my fixed working again. tires came in from nashbar. i am truely in bliss riding my pista

New tyres..what did u get???

I need some more durable tyres since i am a heavy rider..i have since finish 3 of my tyres in 3 months. :S

I wish i could get soma ever-wear but there are none over here. Gatorskin is too expensive to skid on.

I need some more durable tyres since i am a heavy rider..i have since finish 3 of my tyres in 3 months. :S

I wish i could get soma ever-wear but there are none over here. Gatorskin is too expensive to skid on.

lose some weight, fatty! haha, just joking.

try some vittoria randonneurs. those are pretty durable i hear. 28 bucks at freewheel hayes, with a reflective stripe! can't be too safe. lol.

i just got my first one and that shit sticks to asphalt but i can still skid. makes my gear ratio seem harder than it is, i guess im just not used to it. i used to be able to spin like a mother fucker with my crappy michilen speediums - i guess because i was riding them with 4 skid patches to the wires. just skip instead of skidding and you'll add a couple of days to your tire life.

i wonder if replacing tires ever 2-3 weeks does more/as much damage to the environment as filling up a gas tank once a week?

-later days.

Right now im trying michiellen speedium:

Durable,cheap, Good road feel, and did i say cheap? oo and they come in colors.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=&subcategory=&brand=&sku=20987&storetype=estore&estoreid=1023&pagename=Estore%3A%20Tire%20And%20Tube%20Sale

This puppy are golden for 15 bucks. Longlife tires, the wear on it is nice too, prolly rode a good 2k+ on a pair before it got to unsafe to ride on.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=&subcategory=&brand=&sku=8780&storetype=estore&estoreid=1023&pagename=Estore%3A%20Tire%20And%20Tube%20Sale

ps. what i did was use gator skins on the front and speedium on the rear.

Front tires dont really wear out and you need the most control and traction on the front, so therefore gatorskins. and on the rear burn threw though things speediums. Even though the speediums last pretty long also.

thats a nice trek.

245821492.jpg

1971 Schwinn Le Tour III

im in the process of getting a 1980s bianchi. im told its celeste green but it looks more seafoam green to me, could be the age on the paint. its from when piaggio owned the bianchi name.

Celeste changes from year to year. The older the Bianchi the more green the Celeste appears, atleast from my observation.

I am gonna pick up an IRO Mark V frame but hate the paint job on it, so I am looking to paint my frame and fork. I know this has probably been covered before in this thread, but couldn't find it searching around, does anyone know of a good guide for painting a frame/fork?

I am gonna pick up an IRO Mark V frame but hate the paint job on it, so I am looking to paint my frame and fork. I know this has probably been covered before in this thread, but couldn't find it searching around, does anyone know of a good guide for painting a frame/fork?

Are you in Los Angeles and willing to spend around a hundred bucks on it?

http://www.olympicpowdercoating.com/

Seriously nice work. They can do pearl coats, gloss, etc.

That looks pretty nice but I am not in LA. I am considering powdercoating but it would be more fun as a DIY project.

i always wondered this doesnt powdercoating a bike make it weaker? I know that for car rims after it is powdercoated, they become considerablely weaker and become more likely to crack. Is this true for bicycle frames?

I heard that rim paint works well with bike frames, and the finish on it is very nice, their is a velospace guy who redid his bianchi pista into black.

chari drift-oooooooooo

damn that shit is crazy.

how do you get the back to fishtail? ive been trying to kick the tail out with my legs but i cant get it fishtail that much. do you turn the front wheel a little at the beginning of the skid to initiate the fishtail? ive done that a couple of times but i felt like i was going to eat shit.

-later days.

ps: randos are A+++ you have to break them in a little bit, though.

chari drift-oooooooooo

damn that shit is crazy.

how do you get the back to fishtail? ive been trying to kick the tail out with my legs but i cant get it fishtail that much. do you turn the front wheel a little at the beginning of the skid to initiate the fishtail? ive done that a couple of times but i felt like i was going to eat shit.

-later days.

ps: randos are A+++ you have to break them in a little bit, though.

hahha how to get the back fistail?? SHAKE UR BOOTYYYYY!!! SHAKE IT WHILE U SKID.