Bicyclettes

canice

I am building another bike currently looking for a set of wheels, thinking of lacing a 36 spokes velocity deep v at the back and Zipp 404 at the front. Do u guys hate unmatch front and rear wheels??

Dude don't get a Zipp. They will fucking blow up on you. Hit a pothole, kaboom, shits gone. As far as unmatching wheels go, it really depends what you're going for.

Selling / Trading 1 1/2 week old parts. No scratches or dings on any of them.

Thompson x4 elite 100mm 10degrees stem 75$

Chris King red headset 1 1/8 threadless 100$

Diety white riser bars 40$

And I highly doubt anyone is interested, but my 49cm Brassknuckle needs to go too. Buy it for your girlfriend.

Wanted

Nitto Jaguar stem

Pro taper gold riser bars or any other gold riser bars

Thompson Elite or Masterpiece series seatpost 27.2

finishedproduct2-1.jpg

i'm really not sure how long my stem should be. i'm 5"7 with a 31" inseam. dude at the bike shop said just go with 110mm to be safe, but i'm eyeing that 100mm thomson x4 that sycamore's got. anybody know what measurements i should be going with?

I'm three inches taller than you and I run a 100mm Thomson on a 55cm frame.

Stem length (and angle) relates to effective top tube length, your reach and how low you want to be. Go to a shop which will fit you on a jig so you can try out different lengths.

In my experience a good rule of thumb is to sit up on the jig, lean forward at your lower back and let your hands come up to rest on the hoods. If you have a nice relaxed bend at the elbow and your shoulders aren't stressed you'll be comfortable on the road.

Anyone know of a good community-type bike shop in Philadelphia, somewhere to pick up a complete, repaired road bike (or have them do the necessary deeds to a CL purchase?)

Or, hell, any kind of bike recommendation for the city would help.

hey.. so i don't know much of anything about bikes but definitely need to get one before i go to college in a few weeks.. i tried parusing this thread and other cyclying messagboards to learn, but it's all just way over my head.. my neighbor who's pretty into cycling recommended a prebuilt IRO to start out with. i saw a few of them in this post so i think i might do that, but do you guys have any other recommendations before i pull the trigger on it?