Bicyclettes

canice

I really want to remove the logos/decals from my pista. Anyone know how?

if its chrome, just use jasco. the green ones are a little trickier.. you can use jasco but have to make sure it only eats thru the decal and clearcoat and not the paint.

even if you were to powder coat or repaint, the frame would have to be bead blasted to strip any material from the frame, ie paint/stickers/rust/etc.

yea, i do, usually to the back wheel but since it's in my garage i lock my front because it's quicker and i'm not too worried about it. that's my meathod when there's no place to lock it to.

you're not even locking that wheel to anything? loosen the front nuts and your wheel comes off with the lock on it.

1023006425_ca9b736caf.jpg

it's not much, but i got my new wheels in a few weeks ago and got everything tuned in today. it's heavy, but it doesn't break riding around the city so i guess it's just fine

Is that a Schwinn Continental? I can't tell if there are lugs or not, but that narrow seatpost screams Schwinn.

I bike pretty casually but would like to get more serious with it and am looking into purchasing and possibly building my own fixed gear(edit) road bike in the near future.

I guess I came here to ask if you guys have any suggested reading for me. I'm looking for info on suggested/favored brands and I guess certain features I should look for when buying certain components. Also, I'm looking for reading on the actual mechanics of putting a bike together and combining all of the components correctly.

A link or something of the sort would be nice. :)

(I searched google and have found nothing of substance. Meh)

I bike pretty casually but would like to get more serious with it and am looking into purchasing and possibly building my own road bike in the near future.

I guess I came here to ask if you guys have any suggested reading for me. I'm looking for info on suggested/favored brands and I guess certain features I should look for when buying certain components. Also, I'm looking for reading on the actual mechanics of putting a bike together and combining all of the components correctly.

could you be a bit more specific? do you want to buy/build a traditional GEARED road bike? or convert an old road frame into a SINGLE SPEED / FIXED GEAR rig?

could you be a bit more specific? do you want to buy/build a traditional GEARED road bike? or convert an old road frame into a SINGLE SPEED / FIXED GEAR rig?

Sorry, I now realize the ambiguity in my post. I'd like to do the latter, convert an old frame into a single speed/fixed gear bike.

I bike pretty casually but would like to get more serious with it and am looking into purchasing and possibly building my own fixed gear(edit) road bike in the near future.

i suggest reading this thread.

and also the intro threads on bikeforums.net in the ss/fg section.

I came to the IRO group buy way too late but does anyone haev any details to share? I'm curious what the deal details were.

not to be a dick, but most of your questions are about everything but building/riding a bike. i feel like i'm spinning your wheels when i answer them.

the iro group buy was a group buy through tony @ iro on a bulk buy of frames. came in 3 colors, threaded or threadless and in a full range of sizes.

not to be a dick, but most of your questions are about everything but building/riding a bike. i feel like i'm spinning your wheels when i answer them.

the iro group buy was a group buy through tony @ iro on a bulk buy of frames. came in 3 colors, threaded or threadless and in a full range of sizes.

Your second paragraph answered my question. You've been really helpful and I am truly sorry I've annoyed you.

word.. the stickies on bike forums are really good. i think they have one now about most of the off the peg frames. fixed gear gallery has osme decent reviews of them as well. for the most part, most factory completes are comparable by price neighborhood ($300ish - mercier, windsor hour, $500ish - khs flite 100, pista, etc, $700 - jamis). just think about your riding style and decide if you want to be replacing components relatively quickly as you grow into it.

nah not annoying at all, but you should get some wheels and ride!

I actually do ride. I ride a Trek 2300 and have been for years, but moreso since June. I am riding tomorrow and again on Thursday, maybe Sunday too. All in all, a couple of 15 mile circuits. The reason I am asking so much about fixed is it's a whole new world to me. I also thought it'd be good to kill two birds with one stone - learn about fixed riding and nuances as well as about bike mechanics.

on the visual tip- Velospace.org and fixedgeargallery.com are two great sources to check out other peoples rides, and the components they put into them.

Believe it or not I have not found anyone, at least on FGG that has this setup. But I know I am not the first to think of it because there are vendors that sell sets in this config.

Edit: Found some on velospace but still am undecided. Can't tell which I like more.

if its chrome, just use jasco. the green ones are a little trickier.. you can use jasco but have to make sure it only eats thru the decal and clearcoat and not the paint.

even if you were to powder coat or repaint, the frame would have to be bead blasted to strip any material from the frame, ie paint/stickers/rust/etc.

I have the chrome one! Should I succeed, do I need to reapply a clear coat after?

if you roll a machined sidewall, most of the colored rims will have a silver braking surface, which would be noticable. there are some with black braking surfaces, but i haven't seen any colors.

I am getting velocity deep v's and you can get them either machined or not. Since I am running brakes in the front, I will have to get that machined for sure. I was wondering what your (general you) opinion was on having machined fronts and non-machined rears. The alternative of course is to have both wheels with machined sidewalls.

I am getting velocity deep v's and you can get them either machined or not. Since I am running brakes in the front, I will have to get that machined for sure. I was wondering what your (general you) opinion was on having machined fronts and non-machined rears. The alternative of course is to have both wheels with machined sidewalls.

if you do feel like getting picky about machined and nonmachined, you can make your own set with whatever components you want, even a track rim in the back, and machined in the front...

http://www.prowheelbuilder.com/custom.php?cat=track

there's other places too, that's just a start.

i think i should edit the first post and make it an FAQ. that way we can refer the nubs to it immediately. i mean, because there isn't a "search inside this thread" function at all...