Bicyclettes

canice

yeah, that's how it came stock, so i've been mashing with it for the past couple weeks. my LBS let me swap with them though, so i didn't have to pay for a new one, just had to wait for them to order it

Nice, is the shop in Jersey? I haven't been able to find too many reputable shops around here.

I'm like 6'1 about 160lbs... do you guys think a 61cm frame is to big...been riding my san jose for the past week and am kinda used to it now, but i dont know if a smaller one would suit me better. Some dude said it was alittle big, but whatever i dont realy notice it.

you look just like this dude kevin in toronto. weird.

i'm 6'2 and i ride two 57s.... its really dependent on your inseam and torso length. the fit guide on competitivecyclist.com takes about 20 minutes to do right, but is worth its weight in gold. i've said it a thousand times already.

It's been a week, should i go back in and try to swap for a smaller frame? I work retail and would be kinda bitter if someone did that, but i feel the dude should've maybe showed me some different sizes or gave me the run down..Pretty much new nothing when i went in and have learned alot this past week, maybe i should've educated myself more before a purchase? How much of a diffrence will those 3cm make?

Nice, is the shop in Jersey? I haven't been able to find too many reputable shops around here.

yeah, but it's down in Brick, exit 91... out of the way for me now, but i ordered my bike from them before i moved to hoboken, and it's only 20 away from my parents house.

Brick Bicycle, caters to your everyday boardwalk riders down the shore, but the guy who owns it rides track bikes and knows a ton, and loves talkin about it b/c he's used to dealing with moms who want cruisers.

Finished this one last night...

1986 Dyno Frame/Fork

Parts from 6 different bikes.

All 80's with the exception of the tires.

This one is for myself..

Team BSP Por Vida.

DSC05369-710658.JPG

DSC05371-772399.JPG

DSC05370-710691.JPG

^^ i haven't heard of shimano light stuff, but the second one might have potential depending on what the tubing and components are. for vintage frames, reynolds or most columbus tubings are a great idea.

looking good kiya. you're cranking those out!

I've been looking to get a fixed gear for some time now and have had my eye on the raliegh rush hour. From what I have read, this bike has a good reputation. The only negative characteristic that some people have noted is that the fork is to heavy. Do any of you cycle heads have any more imput on this bike?

i think hipset bought a raleigh rush hour, you should ask him how he likes it.

it's been pouring all day and this morning on the way to work i ran through a giant puddle that smelled like sewage and piss. and then i had to do bitch work all day when i finally got there. and i'm broke ($300 in overdraft, to be exact). so fucking angry right now, and because it's pouring i can't even go for a ride to let off some steam.

i think hipset bought a raleigh rush hour, you should ask him how he likes it.

it's been pouring all day and this morning on the way to work i ran through a giant puddle that smelled like sewage and piss. and then i had to do bitch work all day when i finally got there. and i'm broke ($300 in overdraft, to be exact). so fucking angry right now, and because it's pouring i can't even go for a ride to let off some steam.

Thanks....and I know exactly how you feel about those overdraft fees. Had the same problem but mine added up to $220. Hope your day looks up!

the rush hour is one of the nicer production bikes, not to mention it has the best decal design of any of them... like they were biting off BMC.

if you had $300 in overdraft fees and have a credit card, call and bitch about how you set up at your bank overdraft protection and that it was confirmed as active and it obviously wasn't working. i called and did that and saved $600 in fees about 2 years ago. living on $300/month during school was rough!

how would my credit card have anything to do with my chequing account being in overdraft? does the overdraft spill over into my credit card balance? not even sure they offer it, i'll try it anyway - i have a whole list of things i want to bitch about to my bank.

Anyone got tips for thrifting a bike to convert into a fixie? And, broadly speaking, what would be the cost of going the cheap way about switching a vintage road bike?

doing it properly, you're looking at $150 minimum, but about $300 if you do thinks correctly. make sure the bike has horizontal dropouts or track ends.

how would my credit card have anything to do with my chequing account being in overdraft? does the overdraft spill over into my credit card balance? not even sure they offer it, i'll try it anyway - i have a whole list of things i want to bitch about to my bank.

i have mine set up so that if overdraft happens, it pulls from my credit card and costs me $5 initially. i haven't had it happen in a few years, but it saved me a couple times.i would just say that i had that set up and try to work it on that angle. fuck bank fees!

very nice, kiya. how much do one of those usually cost?

I spent about $600 building up that white/blue/orange Dyno..

With 80's BMX bikes it's not really about how much it costs, it's more about how hard it was to find the parts..

In the grand scheme $600 for a complete bike isn't THAT much, but when you consider that you just assembled a complete bike from 20 years ago that has almost all new parts, that in of itself is priceless.

Kiya, do you respray the frames and source decals, or just have incredible luck finding virgin bmx frames from the 80s?

Only one of my frames has been repainted via a local powdercoating shop, the rest have been bought in pristine condition..

It's not that hard finding NOS frames or just an entire bike that's never been assembled.. the only issue is that if you're looking into putting together a custom complete bike it's a waste buying a complete unassembled vintage bike.

if that makes any sense...

i know at least with a lot of my track frames and parts, i'll buy whole bikes and part out what i don't need. it is way cheaper in the long run and sometimes i make money on it. dont' know if its the same with the BMX parts.

im just emailing out for quotes on getting the pista stripped and powder coated now comes big decision on what colour!!!!

I would mask the chain stay and powdercoat Candy White. Or Pink may be baby blue. Something fancy.

+1 for leaving the stays chrome!

the road bike i'm going to build will get painted metallic deep green with chrome stays, topped off with flourescent pink bar tape like laurence fishbourne's wheels in quicksilver. such a hot look.