Bicyclettes

canice

Like the Conquest Pro complete?

I have two cross bikes, a really legit original '70's Gazelle built with Zeus lugs, the only frame I'd never part with short of replacing with an ALAN in my size, and a Team issue only '07 Raleigh w/ the carbon rear end.

Long story short, I'd never thought I'd be "that guy" but I basically don't ride my road bike anymore.

The Redlines are pretty nice. Geometry is a little non-specific, which is good for a first cross bike or anyone transitioning to it, as it's basically just like a conservative geometry road bike. The only thing that I would change about the C-Pro complete is ditch the interrupter levers (for chicks) and change the tires.

Maybe those Bulldogs are okay for out west or dry areas, but mehhhh....

thanks for the info. now im assuming the gazelle is steel and the Raleigh is an aluminum carbon frame. any preferences when it comes to frame material? the redline is definatly in consideration, but ive never been a fan of sloaping top tubes. are there any frames available with a more leveled top tube?

No preference when it comes to frame material. A good frame is a good frame, no matter what it's made of, and a bad frame is a bad frame. (They're usually aluminum...)

Don't ride anything with an aluminum fork. I don't think the Redline's are sloping in every size, I think only the smaller ones.

Cannondale? Everybody makes one now, but they're not all great. The 'dales are real nice. Felt's are pretty okay, but I could never ride one. Bianchi's Axis is a great frame, but overpriced and under-spec'd to keep the price down cause it's imported. Kona's Jake line is good. Stay away from the one with the alloy fork.

I'd like to see what crank arm lengths you guys are running on your city rides.

I doubt I'd want or need to go -5mm on a new crankset as the frame I would use it for isn't going anywhere near a track, and I'd need the slight extra leverage I currently have since I live in a hilly area. Pedal strike isn't much of a concern either.

jtnhhv.jpg

just built this...sorry for the shite pic:

2008 BMC ProMachine SLC01, 2009 Super Record 11, Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLR, ITM K Sword Cockpit, Cycleops Servo 2.4, Fizik CX Saddle, Time RXS Titan pedals, etc. 15lbs, on the nose.

a.s.

I'd like to see what crank arm lengths you guys are running on your city rides.

I doubt I'd want or need to go -5mm on a new crankset as the frame I would use it for isn't going anywhere near a track, and I'd need the slight extra leverage I currently have since I live in a hilly area. Pedal strike isn't much of a concern either.

i get pedal bite on my 170's but its not that bad unless i go over a bump in a road when turning left / right.

i crashed one time because of that.

what shoes do you guys ride in? clipless?

vans / converse

i prefer converse on flat pedals / vans on sylvans

clipless = sorta expensive and i dont have much room to carry shoes around with also. (i take a pair of extra clothes to change out of when i get to school)

just built this...sorry for the shite pic:

2008 BMC ProMachine SLC01, 2009 Super Record 11, Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLR, ITM K Sword Cockpit, Cycleops Servo 2.4, Fizik CX Saddle, Time RXS Titan pedals, etc. 15lbs, on the nose.

a.s.

15lbs? mother of god...

Moving from a 27lb steel bike to my 22.15 aluminum was massive... I can't imagine 15lbs!

Also can't imagine how much that must have cost to build. What kind of racing do you do?

man, i love riding my bike because it just gives me peace of mind. I just hate riding in shitty LA area with shitty drivers.

on another note, i've gotten into that horrible habit where i'll go on craigslist looking for some nice road bikes that people have brought down under the 350-400 dollar price range. i feel that when i find a bianchi in celeste under $400 thats my size i'll snag it even though i have no use for 2 bikes.

Where do you see a Powermeter? I said Cycleops Cervo...not Cycleops Powertap. And WTF on anybody's purchases on here? People kop Julius leathers at $4k and no one asks if their racing in them...LOL. I like Bikes, I like Fashion, I like Scooters, I like slutz. I spend my money on what I want I guess. I'm fast, and I like a fast bike to compliment that. I would love to race, but I work too much...and the races are on Thursday nights, and I haven't had a thursday off for over 7 years!

a.s.

Where do you see a Powermeter? I said Cycleops Cervo...not Cycleops Powertap. And WTF on anybody's purchases on here? People kop Julius leathers at $4k and no one asks if their racing in them...LOL. I like Bikes, I like Fashion, I like Scooters, I like slutz. I spend my money on what I want I guess. I'm fast, and I like a fast bike to compliment that. I would love to race, but I work too much...and the races are on Thursday nights, and I haven't had a thursday off for over 7 years!

a.s.

Whatever you're into, that's awesome that you're THAT into it. I just assumed from your setup that you raced. I forget sometimes that people just ride for fun/exercise, since my bike is my sole means of transportation and thus that before anything else.

Damn I would love to feel what a 15lb bike rides like, though... I can't even imagine!

If/when I get the carbon seatpost and fork I'm considering, it might drop me close to 20lbs.

dkatz what do you ride?

i have a simple ride, and its 20 pounds. not light, but its a good weight.

Been meaning to post my bike for a while:

1988 Cannondale SR500.

img9607a.jpg

img9615.jpg

img9610.jpg

I can't find the pictures of how it looked when I bought it about a year and a half ago, but suffice to say I've done a lot of work on it:

Shortened and drilled (for internal brake cable routing using the original Shimano 105 aero levers) Soma Urban Pursuit bars, English-style brake routing, Fulcrum Evolution 5 wheels, single-speed chainring, generic saddle reupholstered with USPS envelope (as I posted before), 7-speed shimano cassette.

Planning on switching to a carbon fork and seatpost for lightness/damping vibrations through the aluminum frame, new pedal/cage/strap setup. Otherwise loving my baby!

a.s.

Why is no one talking about how retarded this is?

gramps: WTF do you care how much someone spends on a hobby? I ride 5-7 days a week and around 300 miles/week in the summer. Why shouldn't I ride a nice bike?

a.s.

gramps: WTF do you care how much someone spends on a hobby? I ride 5-7 days a week and around 300 miles/week in the summer. Why shouldn't I ride a nice bike?

a.s.

I'm convinced. Well, I'm going to go down to the Julius track for the Julius race. Enjoy the slutz.

skeet- yes, I removed my front derailleur and accompanying cable/lever. Trying to keep my roadie as clean and uncomplicated as feasible.

Secondly... anyone know how the crap to figure out what my crown race size is? I want to put this fork:

http://store.citygrounds.com/store/product/2123/steerer-carbon-fork-Winwood/

on my bike. I'm pretty sure the 150mm/40mm will fit (150 is the total length of the steerer tube and 40 is the length of the threaded area, right?), but can I assume that this fork and my races are both 26.4? Damn compatibility stuff...

I'm convinced. Well, I'm going to go down to the Julius track for the Julius race. Enjoy the slutz.

LOL! I like this a lot. I'm gonna get some Sidi by Julius Buffalo Leather carbon riding shoes, pre-distressed. Also, I am gonna get some Assos by Viridi Ann and rock that ish too...my glasses will be Oakley by Linda Farrow, and my helmet will be Giro by Demeulemeester.

a.s.