Bicyclettes

canice

yeah definately.

i've ridden the shit out of my formulas before i sold them..

then i bought a rear wheel from prowheelbuilder with the surly fixed/fixed.

i don't know if it's that "i payed $50 to get into disneyland so i'm gonna be happy no matter what" feeling..

but i do notice a smoother, solid, quiet, safe feeling ride - off curbs and everything.

what width handlebars is everyone running? my drops are 42 cm, but i'm looking real hard at some anodized nitto b123s that i can flip and chop, but they're only available in 36,38, and 39. i might go for the 38 since it's the median point but i don't know how drastic of a difference it would be from 42cm.

what width handlebars is everyone running? my drops are 42 cm, but i'm looking real hard at some anodized nitto b123s that i can flip and chop, but they're only available in 36,38, and 39. i might go for the 38 since it's the median point but i don't know how drastic of a difference it would be from 42cm.

36cm. Personally I like smaller because it's easier to go around heavy traffic without worrying about your bars hitting homeboys side mirrors.

can anyone here shoot me a PM (in-thread is fine too) on how to disassemble a Phil Wood front track hub step by step, so that all thats left is the empty hub shell? slight crack on the lip of old hubs flange. trying to upgrade shells. thanks superfolk.

I've never worked with Phil Wood hubs but (http://www.philwood.com/ptechmanual.htm), from this picture it looks to be just cracking the locknuts off and whipping out the axle and the cartridge bearings.

On an ordinary hub, take all lockrings and sprockets off. Use cone spanners if you can as they're slim and give the best grip. You'll need a pair. Hold the locknut on one side with one spanner and the inner bolt with the other. Unscrew and then repeat on the other side.

Be careful not to crush the bearings when you reassemble. Take it easy and keep checking for play as you lock things down. Remember that the locknuts will pull everything even tighter so leave a little play with the first bolts.

It is worth pointing out that Phil Wood often uses proprietary tools, so you might need special spanners, etc.

Some information here: http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=105

Shout if that ain't clear.

does anyone on here have a brooklyn machine works Gangsta?

I don't see why someone would... the concept of that bike seems rather silly.

But, I'm selling my deep V's. anyone want to buy them before I'm forced to go to ebay?

black, non machined, 3x back, radial front, like 30 miles on them.

DSC_0014_2.jpg

I don't see why someone would... the concept of that bike seems rather silly.

But, I'm selling my deep V's. anyone want to buy them before I'm forced to go to ebay?

black, non machined, 3x back, radial front, like 30 miles on them.

DSC_0014_2.jpg

How much do you want for them?