Bicyclettes

canice

Killing your fingers? Do you not have tire levers? Get some nice skinny ones, not those thick nylon ones, which are a pain with road tires.

I have tire levers but they feel as if they're going to break when I try using them to get the tire on.

Is it possible the tire may be too small? It's marked as 700 x 23 so it should fit my 700c rim, but I can't even get it on with no tube.

^^^^

I know it's just a picture, but something looks seriously wrong with that bike. That seat is entirely too low for a frame that size unless you're one of those long-torso/short legged people. Or maybe it's the BB being really high? Maybe a super short crank arm? I dunno what the hell it is, but it's driving me nuts.

^ I agree.

The top tube looks substantially longer than the seat tube, and the fact that the seat is too low does not help. Not too shabby lookin though.

and m1sterko,

My friend got their wheel trued recently and I think they charged like 10-15 dollars depending on a few factors.

She was kind of upset being charged (the 15) and she like just walked out with her bike, haha.

i never done this before but i would like to paint over my bianchi pista. It's the chrome color and i would like to know:

1. what i should do before painting over it

2. what kind of paint i should use

P.S. the stem still doesn't fit BTT!!! I'm going to go to a bike shop soon and get some answers

i never done this before but i would like to paint over my bianchi pista. It's the chrome color and i would like to know:

1. what i should do before painting over it

2. what kind of paint i should use

P.S. the stem still doesn't fit BTT!!! I'm going to go to a bike shop soon and get some answers

take it to a professional bike painter. disassembly, prep, single color, and clear coat with original decals should cost around $200.

Looks like a Langster, no decals.

No, you cannot spraypaint over chrome, it'll all flake off. No, you cannot remove chrome easily at home. Powdercoating locally is <$100, it can be applied over chrome, it is your best and most economical option.

To get a tire on easily, you need to pull the beads into the center of the rim, and pull on it all the way up, so when you get to that last little section, the rim is effectively smaller. Another simple option is to use a light/clear style rim tape which is thinner than Velox. Some tires are tighter than others...

No, you cannot spraypaint over chrome, it'll all flake off.

Not true.. sand with 60 then 100.

rusto auto prime.. paint.. done.

let primer dry for a day or two. hit it with a heavy but even coat of paint. (try to get ny fat caps on the spraypaint can)

if you get bad drips, LET IT DRY FOR A FEW DAYS. sand with 400 wait a day..and hit with a light coat.

when you paint at home its very crucial to take your time. let the shit dry a few days in between

Not that I know of... It very well could have been a respray or powdercoat, given how popular that has become again.
nothing on that bike is stock

lol thanks.. i was just curious, cos, even though theres a million bikes in my town, this one really stood out.

Im curious as to why you posted a black and white photo of a bike you were interested in because of the color?

I had black and white film in my camera at the time..................... i wasnt gonna tell the guy with the bike to wait around while i finished my black and white roll so i could load a color roll.

i also wasnt interested in it solely for the color.. that was just one of the aspects that made it eye-catching.

the shadow only behind the arrospok makes it look photoshopped. i'll assume that was intentional.

no photoshop.. thats the shadow from that big ass van parked next to the bike. it just happenes to line up more or less with the wheel.