Bicyclettes

canice

damn youre good. glory cycles indeed. clive hooked it up. you in town?

nah i'm in sydney til november. but i'll be back then and ridin in critical mass again. same bike, with bullhorns and no brooks.

So the lock ring threads on my stock Kilo hub stripped the other day when I was installing a new cog/lockring. Anybody have a set of decent used wheels or hubs(preferably no deep Vs), and/or any suggestions?

And corter, your bike looks great. Simple color scheme=the way to go.

Google "rotafix."

And trust me on it, you're good.

i have a pair of the RB021 in 38 that i'm not going to use if you want to work something out.

marcus's joint is kind of far out, but not too bad. unless they build up more shit near it, it's got a giant field on either side of that strip?

Guest youkinorn
i've asked before and i'll ask again. what bike should i buy for under $500? it's my first one.

you looking for a fixed/singlespeed or something geared?

having a cog spin off on me while going too fast before, i'm still in the run a lock ring camp.

Agreed. It's happened to me twice. I think, Loctite/Lockring is the only what to go. Rotafix only is no bueno.

Loctite is not necessary if you have the proper tools to install the lockring. I changed my cog over the weekend and had a hell of a time taking my lockring and cog off and I was using a burly set of lockring pliers.

When installing, just rotafix the cog on and get a proper lockring tool. Make sure you use plenty of grease on the threads. Ride around hard and then double check the lockring and make sure its still nice and tight.

Good to go.

does anybody want anything from philwood.

my local store is doing a groupbuy and 15-20% off. i'll be glad to share with yall niggas, if you want something just post in here or pm me and i need to know before august 30th, pay me through paypal or something and just pay for shipping or meetup in the bays..

if you want something to customed like colored etc. tell me quick

The fuji isn't bad at all. It's definitely one of the cheaper options if you want to buy a complete bike, and it's light and fun as hell.

The only downside is it's TOO fun and i want to change a bunch of components already, and i probably couldn't sell the stock components for anything really. If i want to buy all new parts it seems like it would have made more sense to just get a wicked frame and build one myself, but oh well!

In the continual hunt for a new bike...

checked out this Cannondale today. Crazy fast compared to what I'm used to (Schwinn World Sport). New pursuit bars and a couple other touches here and there, and it'd be pretty sick.

Dude wants $275... I offered him $200. We'll see how that turns out tomorrow!

01040601160401030720080lr7.jpg

I love how beefy Cannondale frames are.

No you're not. That wheelset is good for freewheels only now.

'fraidycat.

I've had a hard time getting cogs off. Never has one been spun off unintentionally. Rotafixing secures the cog with more force than you can apply by simply riding the bike.

Mangling rims twisting a cog off in a cog vice is not uncommon if you really get it on there good in the first place.

did you powdercoat that bitch?

Yeah man looks sick huh...

Naw, what a lie. It's fucking electrical tape hahaha. I just covered up the 'fuji' and 'track' silver parts of the frame. I plan to have it powder coated at some point, probably not black, but we'll see. The question is whether i want to keep that frame for a while. If not then i won't bother and just save up for something else.