Bicyclettes

canice

^^ kunk rolls in like one of these man841397955.jpg

I would also like to ask:

I just beat a bunch of local fixed riders in a community race and for some reason all the other pro-cyclists just make sarcastic remarks

it's not that they only race seriously, because they dont.

it's like they ride fixies because they're cool for tricks.

I thought fixies were for speed and racing initially, but maybe im not getting the right idea?

maybe Im just a "poser hipster fag"

^^ kunk rolls in like one of these man

I would also like to ask:

I just beat a bunch of local fixed riders in a community race and for some reason all the other pro-cyclists just make sarcastic remarks

it's not that they only race seriously, because they dont.

it's like they ride fixies because they're cool for tricks.

I thought fixies were for speed and racing initially, but maybe im not getting the right idea?

maybe Im just a "poser hipster fag"

mmm, i think the appeal of having one gear is good enough for me.

the tricks are cool also ( i wasinto the flatland scene back in the y2k area)

but i dont care much if its "hipster" or not cause not alot of ppl ride fixed in my region.

uhhhh.....

check out Kalloy on Jenson USA, Kalloy makes nearly every size seatpost.

Don't really want to use Kalloy mate....

thomson will also make that shit

Thomson indeed they made 28.6mm, but quite hard to find on ebay without paying $32AUD shipping to Sydney. :mad: Or else I would got one already.

i used to ride platforms. put one foot under the pedal and pull up. its called a jamaica skid

if you cant skid on or right above your seat u shouldnt be riding with out a brake

do skip stops. theyre a pretty effective method of slowing down

who cares if you smoked everyone. they're just pissed because they got beat!

i don't race as much as i should, but the last team race in nyc, our team tallied 138 points, smoking everyone. the guy that tallied our score "lost" our manifest and the first place team in the race only had 81. you'll get beef like that, but really, who cares.

besides, the word "hipster" is meaningless. it's like the term crossed boundaries into the mainstream along with its trends 2 years ago. it no longer means trendsetter, but dick sucker.

haha how long do your shoes last?

I normally wear my Van Old School..they have thicker sold. But then it gave up recently...been a year or so tho.

Haha I do that when I am lazy riding to uni but cbb backpedal...but I do have a front brake :)

Guest architects.of.desire

This place just opened up in my piece if shit tiny town http://www.cafedevelo.com/

there is absolutely no market for a place like this here, but I'm glad i don't have to leave town just to buy a tube. apparently he has a shop in Italy and makes most of his money from online orders.

Nothing says "gangsta" like purple Deep-V's.

And cam...I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems that your bike is missing something.

It could be the cranks, chain ring, chain and BB :)

They were meant to arrive today, but no sign of them.

I KNEW IT! repeater works at a bike shop, thus is a stoner who knows EVERYTHANG bout bikes. makes sense.

Close enough, I guess.

Dino, despite what you might have been lead to believe by the popularity and fashion of fixed gears and 'rookie-knocking', even a totally stock pista is a completely legit ride to ride as-is until you find a real reason to change anything. Heavier gents seems to have had problems with the seatpost and pedals, but beyond that and maybe a saddle, fuck that shit up.

Shims are also totally legit. Not to namedrop-prodrop-survivalist, but Sven Nijs has ridden a shim on his Colnago's for years, and any cyclocross World Champ winning all his races on a shimmed post should be good enough evidence for the commuter riding 5-miles a day at a casual clip that he or she will be just fine.

....and mlproject, maybe you've noticed I'm being strictly posi in this thread. Just sharing the wealth of otherwise useless information I've saved up.:rolleyes:

not sure if ive posted an update for my bike but here goes..

its gone full blown tarck lol :o:D

biketa9.png

since this picture was taken, ive gotten a new back tire (black), sugino zen crankset, and sugino bottom bracket. the wheel decal is temporary, i just wanted to see if i could make one with my vinyl plotter

i never really realized how heavy this thing was until i rode around on a few of my buddys aluminum bikes.