Suggestions?

Servo2000

Posting this in supertrash to avoid further cluttering SuperShopper. Besides, everyone who knows what's up is already in the trash anyway.

Basically, I'm trying to really clean up my look, so I've decided to start limiting myself to only black and white (maybe dark blue denim) in an attempt to force myself to pay more attention to the cut and details of clothing. This is going to take a while, so I'm starting to prepare now for next SS, as hopefully sales will be / are starting around this time for last summers clothing as well.

I have every expectation that this thread (being patently ridiculous) will no doubt fall through the cracks. Basically, I'm looking for suggestions on a couple of items.

First off, polos. Any brand, preferably unbranded, with a fit similiar to this Dior Homme:

p11225133phherokg1.jpg

Or if you know of any other slim fitting B/W polos that are long, I imagine I can have them tailored to the correct length.

Second off, bombers / nylon or other light-fabric jackets. This is basically the perfect one, (dior homme again) as it's fairly slim fitting and is all black with white details.

p10981017phheroih1.jpg

p10981017phdetail04fi4.jpg

I'd really appreciate any suggestions as well to shirts, sweaters, jackets, pants, shoes, fuckin' whatever, basically, that are either all black or all white with details of the opposite color and are relatively minimilast in style. Either slim or extremely drapey preferred, but I'm okay with whatever.

If I think of anything else I'll probably need, I'll just post it here, again, to avoid clutter. And yes, I know, this thread is completely absurd, but after spending as much time as I do here I figure I can get away with one ridiculous thread or two every now and then.

Thanks.

edit: on a side note, here's the belt I'm planning on buying as well, along with my new watch, to give you a better idea of what I'm looking for

Belt

beltsrm6.jpg

Link to Watch (Goddamn 4 image rule):

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9806/m46798ni4.jpg

i only wear 4 colors too, servo: black white, blue and brown. way to jump on the bandwagon. American apparel unisex polos fit pretty slim and they have them in every color. If you cant afford dh, every good thrift shop or nordstroms off the rack in new york or la has something similar to that black with white stripes bomber. as to quality im not sure. If you cant afford dh at the moment, you probably cant afford number (n)ine jeans, so thats out. american apparel slim slacks? cheap and every color. dior homme also has a white on black piping pocket polo similar to what youre looking for, if you can afford that. edit: because i attempted to help you, i myself have a question: what color/wash pants with slim black zipless hoodie, to avoid all black goth look

Since you helped me out, I'll help you out. It all depends on the shoes. The wash doesn't matter so much in my mind, but if you've got creepers on people will still take it as the all black "goth" look. Simple white sneakers and I don't think anyone would make that mistake.

Yeah, definitely going to look into AA slacks once they come out in my area, that covers my white jeans. I can't afford much DH, but I've been saving up for a pair of their raw 19cm as my next pair of jeans (the possible dark indigo I mentioned), so I'm going to be thrifting / eBaying for a while longer. Thus the necessity to find less known brands.

Definitely a good suggestion, Ratatat, just more or less completely out of my price range. I've started browsing some japanese webstores in an attempt to find some cheaper pieces, here's a decent looking polo I found:

1123688_B_5.jpg

http://zozo.jp/shop/armth/goods.html?did=385470&cid=233&pno=1

Still, a little busy for me, but I'll settle if I can't find anything else.

Like I said, I've sort of been saving up money for a pair of Dior Homme jeans (vintage, if I can find them. You know, before the quality went to pot), and possible an Ann D. piece or two.

Some Ann D. pieces I've been eyeing (thanks to Faust):

2133.jpg

These pants

2188.jpg

Skulls Necklaces

As tacky as the latter are, I still think skulls are fun shit to wear, so that takes precedence here over "good" fashion, in my mind.

Still looking for decent light basics, as I'm starting from more or less the ground up on my wardrobe once again. Cardigans, light scarves, summer wear. I'll keep posting stuff as I find it, though, so if you're into minimilast (black and white, I guess) clothing, I guess keep your eyes on this thread.

Don't fail me now, super trash!

• 1 month later...
stuff_jan09.jpg

I was organizing my closets a bit, so heres some more or less recent stuff, most from december since I havent posted in a while..

base tees

varvatos pants

21cm japanese noirs

club monaco cardigan, sweater and belt

y-3 bag

I'm always logged in but I never post.. anyway I was browsing around and saw this post by Mike Lowrey in 'Recent Purchases' and thought it might be of some inspiration?

I remember thinking this thread was a good idea since you first posted it but apparently not much progress has been made (I think I remember reading in WAYWT that you hadn't got around to actually trying the whole monochrome thing out..).