Best Jeans under $100

haehaedori

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have those h&m silqs, they fit good, but the denim is really thin- not cheap feeling though. I got them like six months ago so they're not new. Except mine don't have purple selvedge, just black, and they where 60.

heres my problem with this:

i can justify paying over $100 for jeans when i wear them to death and love them the whole time. if you buy some "okay" jeans, you might find yourself not wearing them consistently, not getting good fades, and not really liking them. so sorry to be redundant, but just pay a little extra and get yourself some APC's.

^

Good point.. but if you're coming from a life of experience in non-raw jeans and aren't sure if you want to change, it's worth it to get a "trial" pair. Of course, the difference between something that's $80 and then upping it to like $120-140 for APCs is not much..

So either get something like a basic STF Levi or Wrangler 101MWZ for under $30, or bump up to APCs.

(Or see what you can get from Nordstrom Rack, like I said before, if theres one nearby)

Although I have no idea about fit or quality, I was just looking on the topman website and it looks like they have some pretty good looking products.

The pictures make me feel a bit uneasy about the fit. But they have a coated pair of raw jeans for like 70usd so I might have to give them a shot.

I have those h&m silqs, they fit good, but the denim is really thin- not cheap feeling though. I got them like six months ago so they're not new. Except mine don't have purple selvedge, just black, and they where 60.

I don't have the selvedge Sliqs but I do have two regular pairs. But I find that the thinness of the denim makes them good summer jeans. They are very lightweight and cool compared to my 15oz Samurais.

haha, yeah i thought so.

under 100, you can't complain whether it has selvage or not.

i think it should be more focussed on cuts rather than the actual properties of the denim.

eg. april 77 are RELATIVELY cheap - great cuts, not so great hardware.

Although I have no idea about fit or quality, I was just looking on the topman website and it looks like they have some pretty good looking products.
The pictures make me feel a bit uneasy about the fit. But they have a coated pair of raw jeans for like 70usd so I might have to give them a shot.

Shame all the coated jeans have bullshit creasing on them otherwise I'd be inclined to pick up a pair.

The fit is pretty decent on the jeans actually, but the quality of the denim is a bit shit. Never seen anyone wearing them trying to get them to fade, in fact pretty much every guy I've seen in a pair has even left the factory turnups showing the rather ugly selvedge lines in place.

Also they've jumped on the Nudie-ripoff ES/TF fit bandwagon that a lot of labels like Dsquared seem to be also doing, loose top and slim legs. Only comes in a terrible distressed cut at the moment, will be interesting to see if they do a raw version of that cut.

Shame all the coated jeans have bullshit creasing on them otherwise I'd be inclined to pick up a pair.

The fit is pretty decent on the jeans actually, but the quality of the denim is a bit shit. Never seen anyone wearing them trying to get them to fade, in fact pretty much every guy I've seen in a pair has even left the factory turnups showing the rather ugly selvedge lines in place.

Also they've jumped on the Nudie-ripoff ES/TF fit bandwagon that a lot of labels like Dsquared seem to be also doing, loose top and slim legs. Only comes in a terrible distressed cut at the moment, will be interesting to see if they do a raw version of that cut.

I don't know what the fuck is up with those creases either. I even planned on buying a pair of grey 511s and trying a coating project but they have the creases already too. I honestly like the even steven and thin finn fits as long as it doesnt get any wider in the hips. i HATE the carrot fit that pumaxevisu,cheap monday, and levis copper are all trying to popularize

I picked up a pair of these because i liked the color, fit, and they were only 40 bucks. They are the Sliq "Newborn Jean." I don't really care if they fade like crazy, I am just going to experiment a little bit with these. I will pick up a pair of APCs in the fall so these are just for the time being.

I am 5'11.5" and 150 pounds. The waist is a 33 and the inseam is like a 35 or 36. They fit snugly and not too tight. I wear my jeans a lower so I could have probably gotten a 31 or 32 if I wanted them to be tighter. Here are the pictures:

4tqxoj7.jpg

(Excuse me because I forgot to pull the back up a little bit in this picture haha)

6b3ro83.jpg

*edit*

I realized that these pictures have the wrong date. Please ignore that. My camera is weird.

i just bought a pair of RRLs of ebay and theyre 19cm

Yeah, considering the different generations and cuts of RRL I´m not sure where he got the idea they´re not slim. My older slimboot´s are absolute ballbusters; the slimcut is more of a regular jean. Total price for both including international shipping: 60 USD.

You consider $275 cheap for jeans? besides the thread is about jeans that are UNDER $100.

$275 isnt bad, I mean its not "cheap" I would call it almost average for a good pair. Upwards $350 you start getting a good pair fo jeans. Then around $400+ you get really good. The the hovering range around $600-$800 are awesome. My Gilded Ages ares till amazing. But for someone beginning om denim. I would go for the union star sugar canes or some KMWs. Or a basic pair fo Nudies, I have the Masa JAP and Even steven eco, they fit great, although lacking in some srious quality. GOOD LUCK and congrats!

$275 isnt bad, I mean its not "cheap" I would call it almost average for a good pair. Upwards $350 you start getting a good pair fo jeans. Then around $400+ you get really good. The the hovering range around $600-$800 are awesome. My Gilded Ages ares till amazing. But for someone beginning om denim. I would go for the union star sugar canes or some KMWs. Or a basic pair fo Nudies, I have the Masa JAP and Even steven eco, they fit great, although lacking in some srious quality. GOOD LUCK and congrats!

dood what the hell are you talking about. Practically ever jean discussed here is under $300.