Arcteryx v. 66 North Iceland

spartyfan

Both make some quality items. I think it will depend on where you live and thus your ability to enjoy each of the company's warranty. I buy most of my stuff from Patagonia and REI soley because they are only 30 minutes away and I know that I can get either a new product or my money back.

There is really very little difference between these two brands in terms of quality and function. Both are of superior in terms of construction and materials to most other outerwear brands out there. Acronym is more fashion forward - I don't know much about that brand, but I doubt that anything from them has ever seen it to the summit of an 8000m peak.

I think that between 66 N and Arc' you should choose based on fit - and depending on where you live, price will probably vary drastically.

i have an arcteryx delta(?) jkt

it's dope

i don't usually get compliments for my clothes but

this jacket is a total exception. people always tell

me that the jkt's dope

im not familiar with arcteryx but i can say that 66 nord'ur makes solid gear that is suitable for skiing etc. you'd probably be fine either way. do you have a hookup in iceland or something? how are you getting 66 stuff?

Both Arcteryx and 66 N.I. are available from www.backcountry.com, I think. Also, my local moosejaw mountaineering sells Arcteryx.

do you have a hookup in iceland or something? how are you getting 66 stuff?

66 also has a store in NYC if anyone's in the area. it's on Mercer btwn. Hosuton and Prince just south and across the street from 45 rpm.

i like both companies but prefer patagonia for technical outerwear...dunno, just what i'm used to, i guess.