legit head porter?

dutsukyampu

you usually have to handle it to tell. the biggest giveaway is usually the porter tag on the bag - it's either a little off or when they cut the tag they didn't do it very cleanly, but sometimes that's done well also. soooo if you want real porter i'd just suggest you a) buy from headporter store B) order from japan. i have never seen an authenticity card (looks like a credit card) included with a fake- but someone with real porter stuff could always just use their auth. card when selling a fake item because there's no indication on the card saying what item it is for (to my knowledge)

backpacks like that are commonly faked. there's a lot of stuff that isn't faked (as far as i've seen) - but you just have to know i guess. nylon/orange stuff is the most commonly faked for your future reference.

When I got my bag, it came with an 'authenticity' credit card thingy, it's just those kind of little things... But my girl got hers from a Japan porter store too and she didn't get one.. Sooo - theres more to add to your confusion :P

at the NYC store they had a stack of these sitting out on the main table... i'm guessing for free? i didn't grab one, but if they're that easy to get ahold of, i wouldn't use this as a measure against fakes.

the HP cards that are stacked on top of the table at the NYC store

aren't the authenticity cards.

the real authenticity cards look like credit cards with unique serial numbers.

the cards mlprojects is talking about = business cards

exactly. but as i said before it doesn't say what product its guaranteeing... so if i wanted to i could just take a porter product that i'm using, take the card and sell it with a fake. anyway, once you are familiar with headporter products, it's pretty easy to tell most fakes from the real deal. except the fake black/orange nylon (or green nylong) bags are almost the same as the real ones- especially the duffles.

does anyone know if porter bags use ykk zippers? i read on a few threads here that they do, but another person said they use their own zippers. i thought i remember them having their own branded zippers when i was looking at their bags at sogo in hk this past summer. does this bag look authentic (it's the 3way one)?

does anyone know if porter bags use ykk zippers? i read on a few threads here that they do, but another person said they use their own zippers. i thought i remember them having their own branded zippers when i was looking at their bags at sogo in hk this past summer. does this bag look authentic (it's the 3way one)?

They use YKK zippers.

"someone mentioned a while back that fake porter is on par with regular stuff. do a search"

Yeah, it is... Because alot of the tech/spec-packs are snuck out of the factory and are made to the exact same specifications as the real porter bags. (This also happens with LV, Chanel, etc...)

"someone mentioned a while back that fake porter is on par with regular stuff. do a search"

Yeah, it is... Because alot of the tech/spec-packs are snuck out of the factory and are made to the exact same specifications as the real porter bags. (This also happens with LV, Chanel, etc...)

So a fake porter is the same quality as a real Porter only the fake is fake and the real is real?

no. fakes aren't the exact same quality as real porter. they are comparable sometimes- there are bad fakes and there are good fakes like all fakes out there. the good ones are done well - but they are limited to certain styles and upon close inspection with a little knowledge of headporter - they can be discerned from real ones. however i've come across some one or two that i thought were real but were fakes- but those are very rare.

So a fake porter is the same quality as a real Porter only the fake is fake and the real is real?

My pal picked up two bags in thailand last summer, I compared them to a original, I couldn't tell any difference in them.... other then the fact he paid $20 usd for a $200+ bag.

but like cold said, some of the fakes are really good, some are really bad... But I've never seen any bad fake porter... (Then again I've never been to hk/jpn)