Anyone here make their own cigarettes?

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

What kind of tabacco do you buy?

What machine do you use?

and what kind of wraps do you buy? well the filter ones, not zigzagging it.

and then..... where do you get all your stuff?

It's so much cheaper than buying packs.

can of tabacco = 14

350 filter wraps = 5

350 cigarettes for 20 bucks!

if you are going to handroll, i would suggest bali shag. and some people say its a pain, but personally i find it to be fun. after a while you get really good at it, and it comes in handy when you want to roll a joint. learn lots of neat tricks etc etc. sort of inconvenient though. hard to smoke on the go. i used to hand roll and i would come so close to getting into accidents trying to roll while i drove. but yeah, its neat i guess.

Oh, I'm planning on getting the dual maker machine for like 12 bucks or whatever, and I use filtered wraps so it's all good. Should really start selling them at school >_> I'd make mad bank.

i don't smoke but i have a few friends that do, and some of them handrolled from time to time and i always wondered, why can't you just handroll your own cigarettes a day or two in advance and keep them in one of those little cigarette cases? i mean, everyone i know who handrolls says it is a hassle and they'll fucking stand out in the cold/rain and handroll a tiny little nub to toke off of during their fifteen minute break, ten of which it took for them to roll the damn cigarette.

so- why're people who smoke their own cigarettes so silly and don't roll in advance?

tend to do this every so often when i find myself broke, drum is the only unrolled tobacco brand ive fucked with..

i smoke belmonts so that doesnt really transfer well to filterless tobacco. i think ive i lived in the US and couldnt get belmonts i would smoke lucky strike or just roll em.

I loved the act of rolling almost as much as I loved smoking. Life moves way too fast usually and there's nothing quite like sitting down and rolling up a smoke and enjoying it. I could roll one in about 60 seconds if I hurried but it was so much better to just take a smoke break as a smoke break and relax and enjoy it.

Before I drove any long distance I'd roll up a couple and stick them under the visor so I had them. If I was going to a bar I'd roll up a couple and throw them in the pouch because rolling in a crowd is a pain in the ass. When I got busy at work and started smoking regualar packs I smoked a LOT more. I still loved it. Even though I quit before my daughter was born 4 years ago I still love it. If I didn't have to be a good example to my kids I'd go buy a pouch right now and roll one up. God I love rolling and smoking cigarettes.

tend to do this every so often when i find myself broke, drum is the only unrolled tobacco brand ive fucked with..

i smoke belmonts so that doesnt really transfer well to filterless tobacco. i think ive i lived in the US and couldnt get belmonts i would smoke lucky strike or just roll em.

Yup, Drum when I am broke, pretty decent and easy to roll.

American Spirits after payday

i bought one of those tube stuffer things for about $15 and i'm liking it.

5 dollars for a box of filtered cigarette tubes +

15 for a can of american spirit

= $20 a carton, roughly

once i got the hang of the tube stuffer machine, i could make cigarettes that were packed tighter than factory made -- and with american spirit in there they burned slooow.

overall i'd recommend the stuffer machine, though hand rolling does have a certain charm. also, i'd like to second the observation that hand-rolled cigarettes make your hands fucking grimey. that's a dealbreaker as far as everyday use goes, in my opinion.

or maybe i should ask: how do you (consistent) handrollers avoid those yellow fingers? maybe a fancy little cigarette holder? tweezers?

or is it not a concern?

i thought my pal john had jaundice or something after not seeing him for a few months, during which he started handrolling cigs.

i thought my pal john had jaundice or something after not seeing him for a few months, during which he started handrolling cigs.

i rolled cigarettes and typed all night. in the morning, i saw in my own hand the hand of a gnarly middle school teacher i'd had. her index finger would leave ochre fingerprints on paper. good lord.