what watch are you wearing today

khais

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wear watches much, but when I do it's usually a Tissot T-Touch (or my Nixon GTO if I want a more knock-around watch).

This thread is kind of funny to me - my dad is a total watch nerd so I've learned more residually about watches than I ever wanted to. He's always on his watch forums and I'm on SF if anything.

I hate to say it, but I can not get behind Panerai. Their movements are just off-the-shelf and pretty complication-less. If you're going to drop the money, get something unique and not trendy! (having said that I don't even have an automatic watch, so I can't talk shit!)

• 1 month later...

big watches on small wrists...i always thought it wouldn't work but some people I see with scrawny wrists can pull it off. Is there like a face radius to wrist width ratio that people should follow? How big is too big? I was so dead set on getting myself a Breitling to reward myself when I finish residency and become an attending in 2 years but all the ones that catch my eye are friggin huge. People with Breitlings, post more pics!!

I hate huge watches. I suspect some of these people must also have Hummers to accessorize.

A decently sized watch should not cover up the wrist although some large watches are more acceptable than others, like a Panerai Radiomir; but then I prefer vintage watches which today would be considered "women's sizes". I blame it on cynical marketing departments.