Evisu Store In Dubai, but what about Bape?

Jeans&Kicks

Hey everyone this is actually my first post on supertalk. I'm actually excited! :)

I am going to the Philippines via Dubai January 2007. I will be staying in Dubai which is in United Arab Emirates for a few days before i return to New York from the Philippines. While in Dubai I most likely will pick up a pair of Evisu jeans from the Evisu store in the Ibn Battuta Mall in Duabi.

However, I want to try and find a Bape camoflauge hoodie sometime on my vacation. Does anyone know where i can find a real Bape hoodies either in the Philippines or in Dubai? Also, let me know of any hot spots to go to in Dubai or Manila in terms of clubs and clothing stores if you guys know of any.

It's unfortunate that I didn't stop in Japan on the way to the Philippines. The next time I go to the Philippines I will definetly stop in Japan. Also, does anyone know where Greedy Genius makes their sneakers?

Thanks!

If you live in New York why would you bother trying to find the stuff in Dubai? It certainly won't be cheaper. There is a BAPE store in NYC as well as several places to get Evisu at regular retail price.

Check the city guides section for recommendations on stores, etc. in each country.

The Bape store in NYC sold out of hoodies and they don't know when they will be getting more in.

As for Evisu, I don't like the European edition.

The selection at retailers in the U.S. that carry evisu can't compare to the selection of an actual evisu store. I'm looking for the evisu ltd edition hank-dyed indigo jeans. I doubt i can find those anywhere in the U.S.

I appreciate your reccomendations though.

thanks

Hey everyone this is actually my first post on supertalk. I'm actually excited! :)

I am going to the Philippines via Dubai January 2007. I will be staying in Dubai which is in United Arab Emirates for a few days before i return to New York from the Philippines. While in Dubai I most likely will pick up a pair of Evisu jeans from the Evisu store in the Ibn Battuta Mall in Duabi.

However, I want to try and find a Bape camoflauge hoodie sometime on my vacation. Does anyone know where i can find a real Bape hoodies either in the Philippines or in Dubai? Also, let me know of any hot spots to go to in Dubai or Manila in terms of clubs and clothing stores if you guys know of any.

It's unfortunate that I didn't stop in Japan on the way to the Philippines. The next time I go to the Philippines I will definetly stop in Japan. Also, does anyone know where Greedy Genius makes their sneakers?

Thanks!

yeah, expensive jeans in one of the most expensive places doesn't exactly look good for your bankroll

The Bape store in NYC sold out of hoodies and they don't know when they will be getting more in.

As for Evisu, I don't like the European edition.

The selection at retailers in the U.S. that carry evisu can't compare to the selection of an actual evisu store. I'm looking for the evisu ltd edition hank-dyed indigo jeans. I doubt i can find those anywhere in the U.S.

I appreciate your reccomendations though.

thanks

Well, there are no licensed resellers of Bape other than a VERY small selection of boutiques (Union, etc.) and I sincerely doubt there is one in Dubai or the Phillipines. Thus, the non-licensed retailers usually pay retail price, have the item shipped to them by some third party (who gets a commission) and then markup the item 25-50% themselves.

I would sincerely recommend that you look at some online stores as I know from having lived in the Middle East that the markup on foreign clothing items/brands is outrageous; particularly goods that are expensive or "luxury" to start with. Dubai is a rich adults playground; nothing is cheap. Try Rakuten or Yahoo Japan....or ask 2000db to check the Bape store for you personally. He charges a reasonable commission and will sell you anything they have in stock.

Well, there are no licensed resellers of Bape other than a VERY small selection of boutiques (Union, etc.) and I sincerely doubt there is one in Dubai or the Phillipines. Thus, the non-licensed retailers usually pay retail price, have the item shipped to them by some third party (who gets a commission) and then markup the item 25-50% themselves.

I would sincerely recommend that you look at some online stores as I know from having lived in the Middle East that the markup on foreign clothing items/brands is outrageous; particularly goods that are expensive or "luxury" to start with. Dubai is a rich adults playground; nothing is cheap. Try Rakuten or Yahoo Japan....or ask 2000db to check the Bape store for you personally. He charges a reasonable commission and will sell you anything they have in stock.

Yeah I heard that Dubai is expensive and extravagant. I just want to see what its all about on my way back to Nyc from Manila. I actually want to snowboard in the indoor ski resort that they have in the middle of the desert. I think that's something you don't see everyday.

englandmj7 what country in the middle east did you live in? Also since you said that foreign brands are marked up in the middle east, that means that the evisu jeans sold in the evisu store in Dubai will be marked up drastically? How much more would you say than the prices in japan and in nyc.

As for the bape hoodie, I think that I won't even bother looking for it in the Philippines or in Dubai. I'll just wait for the nyc store to get some in.

Who is 2000db? what bape store does 200db work in?

Thanks for your help

Yeah I heard that Dubai is expensive and extravagant. I just want to see what its all about on my way back to Nyc from Manila. I actually want to snowboard in the indoor ski resort that they have in the middle of the desert. I think that's something you don't see everyday.

englandmj7 what country in the middle east did you live in? Also since you said that foreign brands are marked up in the middle east, that means that the evisu jeans sold in the evisu store in Dubai will be marked up drastically? How much more would you say than the prices in japan and in nyc.

As for the bape hoodie, I think that I won't even bother looking for it in the Philippines or in Dubai. I'll just wait for the nyc store to get some in.

Who is 2000db? what bape store does 200db work in?

Thanks for your help

2000db is a Superfuture member who lives in Tokyo and provides a buying service. Look up his username on here and send him a PM.

I lived in Cairo, Egypt and have been to Saudi Arabia, Israel, etc......As for the markups, I would imagine a pair of Evisus that cost $210 in Japan or NYC would be around $275 in Dubai, if not more. Roughly 25% markups.

i know where you can get a bape hoody here.hit up greenhills and you might pick up some designer items for a lower price.don't know if its legit though.if you want some designer stuf, got to shangrila and look for the homme et femme boutique, they stock up apc,raf simons,fred perry,etc.as for clubs look for gweilos in makati,prince of jaipur and club embassy.