APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cures fit like NSs but more tapered. My size 30 grey ones (for sale in my sig) have a 7.25" hem.

anyone had any experiences with ocean washes?

I'm going to Mexico for some vacation action and I figure since I've been rocking a pair of NS since August the time is ripe for at least one ocean wash.

I'm planning on packing some dr. b's to deal with the whole smell thing and will have access to a tub where I can soak them when I'm done.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Awesome. Also, what are some other stores in LA that have APC's?

Barney's has them, I think (at least the New Standards and New Cures), but for some reason they don't ever seem to have anything smaller than a 29 or 30. Not sure if that's because they don't know about vanity sizing, or because everyone shopping there is thin and buys up the small sizes. The APC store had a much better selection.

anyone had any experiences with ocean washes?

I'm going to Mexico for some vacation action and I figure since I've been rocking a pair of NS since August the time is ripe for at least one ocean wash.

I'm planning on packing some dr. b's to deal with the whole smell thing and will have access to a tub where I can soak them when I'm done.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=20735

this thread has some useful information about ocean washing.

Alright, so I just read a lot of stuff and this thread and never read a definite conclusion. How do the Black, Stretch Denim APC New Cures fit? The FAQ says size down 2, but then goes on to say there's no black version of those. Then I also read that black stretch fits true-to-size? Which is it?

If it fits the same way as the raws, would sizing down 3 be overkill? Looking for a super slim/skinny fit, but not skin tight.

Alright, so I just read a lot of stuff and this thread and never read a definite conclusion. How do the Black, Stretch Denim APC New Cures fit? The FAQ says size down 2, but then goes on to say there's no black version of those. Then I also read that black stretch fits true-to-size? Which is it?

If it fits the same way as the raws, would sizing down 3 be overkill? Looking for a super slim/skinny fit, but not skin tight.

i never talk about stretch denim in my FAQ. i dunno anything about APC stretch denim. you're reading the regular raw FAQ i wrote and misreading it as stretch - there isd a difference! read closely.

i never talk about stretch denim in my FAQ. i dunno anything about APC stretch denim. you're reading the regular raw FAQ i wrote and misreading it as stretch - there isd a difference! read closely.

Yeah I guess I kinda worded it wrong. I had assumed you were talking about the raws and that there was a considerable difference between their raw and stretch.

This is what I've read: They're true-to-waist-ish. Can size down 1 for a super skinny fit. Stretch Cures roomier in thigh like NS and taper at the knee just like a NC, NC's are slimmer in the thighs than the cures but taper the same way.

My thighs aren't huge but they're slightly bigger than average I guess. So, I'm thinking about going down to a 29 in Stretch Black Cures for a tighter calf, or just getting a true waist in New Cures. WHAT IS SUFU'S VERDICT?!

Update: Just saw measurements on some stretch cures from someone selling them:

Actual Measurements:

Waist: 15"

Inseam: 35.5"

Front Rise: 9.5"

Back Rise: 13"

Thigh: 10"

Knee: 7.75"

Hem: 7.25"

That seems like it wouldn't even be a skinny fit on me, and that's sized down 2. Do the stretch cures come unwashed/how much would they shrink?

I have some NS in a 26 (3 down from my usual size). Week or so of wear; no soaks yet. So far, they fit pretty well (managed to get the first button buttoned the day I bought them, but after a lot of effort), but are a little... uh tight in the crotch when I'm sitting down.

I'm assuming as the waist stretches, they'll sit a little lower and loosen up in the crotch, but am I going to get a perma-mooseknuckle (or become sterile) in the meantime?

background info: I recently tried some NS size 32 and 33; I have a true 34 waist. I am uncertain what size to get. I have little experience with raw denim or APC's, for that matter, apart from a pair of CM Alive n' Dry.

1) I like most of the fit of the CM beside the one draw back. At a size 32 -- 2 down from my true waist -- they tend to cause a fair amount of resistance on my upper thighs when I squat or do anything that requires me to spread my legs (e.g. mounting my bike). At times I feel like there going to split open. I don't know if the problem here is that I sized down to much, or if it is a common thing with the Alive n' Drys, but I don't want that similar sensation with these APC's. It makes me to conscious when I'm being active. So is it my sizing here or is this a regular problem? (will post this question in CM thread as well)

2) Having a larger chest -- I don't workout it is just what nature gave me -- I look unbalance if my pants look to tight. The fit on a tagged NS 33 fit my body proportions better especially the fit in the thighs. The 32 had a little of that feeling of resistance in the upper thighs and crotch like those CM, albeit slightly less; however, the waist on the 32 felt snugger and the lower leg less sloppy than the 33. Should I be going for the look of the fit new (i.e the 33), or should I be going for the 32 hoping that they will look more like the 33 after stretching? Sales people keep telling me that the latter is the case, but I have trouble believing opinions from people selling things for profit. Is what the sales people true?

To have a fitting issue with a 60 pair of jeans is one thing but a 140 or above is another. Hopefully you all can help me figure this out.

I have some NS in a 26 (3 down from my usual size). Week or so of wear; no soaks yet. So far, they fit pretty well (managed to get the first button buttoned the day I bought them, but after a lot of effort), but are a little... uh tight in the crotch when I'm sitting down.

I'm assuming as the waist stretches, they'll sit a little lower and loosen up in the crotch, but am I going to get a perma-mooseknuckle (or become sterile) in the meantime?

They'll loosen, you really don't have to think about soaking unless they smell/get crazy loose.

It has only been a week or so, just make sure you move around a bit, they'll stretch out as you do more and more.

When I first got my NS I could pretty much hold myself up cause they were that stiff in the thigh, it'll stretch, dont' worry all about it

background info: I recently tried some NS size 32 and 33; I have a true 34 waist. I am uncertain what size to get. I have little experience with raw denim or APC's, for that matter, apart from a pair of CM Alive n' Dry.

1) I like most of the fit of the CM beside the one draw back. At a size 32 -- 2 down from my true waist -- they tend to cause a fair amount of resistance on my upper thighs when I squat or do anything that requires me to spread my legs (e.g. mounting my bike). At times I feel like there going to split open. I don't know if the problem here is that I sized down to much, or if it is a common thing with the Alive n' Drys, but I don't want that similar sensation with these APC's. It makes me to conscious when I'm being active. So is it my sizing here or is this a regular problem? (will post this question in CM thread as well)

2) Having a larger chest -- I don't workout it is just what nature gave me -- I look unbalance if my pants look to tight. The fit on a tagged NS 33 fit my body proportions better especially the fit in the thighs. The 32 had a little of that feeling of resistance in the upper thighs and crotch like those CM, albeit slightly less; however, the waist on the 32 felt snugger and the lower leg less sloppy than the 33. Should I be going for the look of the fit new (i.e the 33), or should I be going for the 32 hoping that they will look more like the 33 after stretching? Sales people keep telling me that the latter is the case, but I have trouble believing opinions from people selling things for profit. Is what the sales people true?

To have a fitting issue with a 60 pair of jeans is one thing but a 140 or above is another. Hopefully you all can help me figure this out.

believe the sales people, go for the 32's. they will loosen up in time.

Ok, I don't know if this has been asked before, but when I do a search all I get is info on the NS compared to the cures.

I have a pair of New Cure's and I fucking love cut. Now I'm interested in a pair of black denim and I was wondering how the Black Stretch Cures cut is in comparison of the Raw New Cures. Is it a whole differend cut? Or is it pretty much the same skinny/tapered fit? There's no place around here that sells APC unfortunately.

Also, is the fabric texture pretty much the same as the raw black new standards? Or is it more of an overdyed black pants texture?