APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going to assume i downsized one. was never really certain with my size... i know i was between 33-34.. so i got the tagged 32 which is a 33. so.. i think i actually didn't really downsize one since they buttoned with no problem?

hi

my first posting here at SF in a long while.

Just got myself a 32 NC, usually wears a 35-36 jeans, when i go to the store, i couldnt even button up a single button, but the store owner reassured me that it will stretch alot. Im nt too sure either, now i can button the bottom 2 buttons, but it really stil feels rather tight on the thighs. i just got them yesterday. What do you guys think? will it expand to my waist size? anyone has experienced something similar to me?

I'm a regular 32", got a 30 in teh NC, managed to get all buttons done and is fairly tight. If i went one size down further i probably wouldn't have been able to do all of em up. I suggest you get one size up if u still can't get all of em up.

have a question of my apc

is it honeycomb process a lil bit faster than whiskering

my apc NC is 2 months old , but it seems like the honeycomb looks more obvious than the whiskering(the whisker is just not on the point) i dun rock them baggy , i just rock them up to my waist

recently got my apc new cures also, the fit on the waist, crotch and thighs are great but it gets really tight around the leg, and lol 34' inseam is really quite long for me, is it better to wash cold or warm for max shrinkage on the inseam?

Soak it for an hour or two in water as hot as you can get it in your tub. Indigo release comes mainly from agitation, so don't keep poking and playing with the jeans as they're soaking, or run the water a bunch on the jeans while soaking and you shouldn't lose much color. You might get an inch or maybe 2 that way, but if they're just way too long, just hem them. Also, i thought APCs came lightly starched so soaking would mainly just wash the starch off making it slightly harder heavy contrast if that's what you're going for.

Just give it time. If you want them to stretch faster like with all jeans, wear them in the shower for a second to dampen them, and then walk or ride your bike to the store. Jeans stretch quicker and easier when wet.

I'm debating whether I should hem my New Standards or not. The denim is so stiff right now that the stacks don't look that great. I dunno if I should cuff for awhile in hopes of loosening up the denim to create better stacks, or just have them hemmed a little bit.

sorry about the bad/grainy pics...but you get the idea....

size 28 new standard...wanted to get a 27 but they didnt, so i rock them kinda baggy i like it tho...5'9 155pounds....about a month of solid wearing. Honeycombs are coming along really nicely, crotch/knee fading are just starting.

DSC02690.jpgDSC02691.jpgDSC02692.jpg

2 weeks of being worn basically every day. I sized down 2, from a 30 to a 28. The waist has stretched out to about a 31 or so.. fits very comfortably but not sloppy. The stacking looks a bit weird on my right leg, hopefully the denim will soften up a bit as I wear it and it will stack a little more naturally. The natural light really reduces the contrast in the picture, the combs and whiskers look a lot more defined in real life...

2weeks.jpg

2 weeks of being worn basically every day. I sized down 2, from a 30 to a 28. The waist has stretched out to about a 31 or so.. fits very comfortably but not sloppy. The stacking looks a bit weird on my right leg, hopefully the denim will soften up a bit as I wear it and it will stack a little more naturally. The natural light really reduces the contrast in the picture, the combs and whiskers look a lot more defined in real life...

Are those New Standards?

SkramElitism, what's your normal waist?

i'm not really sure...i think 28 or 29

i wore 29 in nudie bootcut ola, 28 in girls rogans, 30 in diesel

28 in julian red cali were too small/tight on me so i had to sell them to the singer of dance gavin dance....I tried on a 27 ns a few months b4 i got my 28 pair and that would have been ideal for me, but they were out of 27s....so the 28s have a little bit of a more bagger feel but thats cool kuz i'm trying to not wear skin tight pants any more lol