APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cures are a bit fuller all the way through. They're cut between new cure and new standard. The difference is not just the rise like with standard and new standard. I'd also like to know some measurements for new cure or cures at size 30, if anyone has them.

wait, if i give my New Standards a hot soak they won't srhink to the original factory size? i've had my new standards for about 3 months and they've gotten so baggy from stretch, even though i sized down 2. would it be a good idea to give it a hot soak? i do understand that it will stretch out again.

Did they stretch out in the leg region as well? Or just the waist and seat?

I ask this cause I am going to cop some NS's but I was trying to decide between 33 and 32 (the latter of which seems a bit tight for my style, all the way through...although I know they WILL stretch, but how much looser will the leg get). The 33's look great, but I just don't want them going crazy a few months down the line (esp. after a wash, the APC denim gets REALLY soft).

when you first wear your new standards, are you supposed to be able to button them all the way to the top button, or should they be extremely tight?

i believe it's personal taste... i was able to button to the top button. i have big thighs and i fear that if i had sized down one more, i would've had to have the jeans surgically removed...

thnx.

Like i stated before. I have a 29 in raw slim jim's. They fit quite tight. Would it be wise to size down to 28 in new cure's or cure's?

Or go to 27...

i have both slimjims and new cure in size 28, and have worn them both well in. id say new cure is initially like half a size tighter than slimjim, but they both stretch out to about the same size in the waist and thigh, and ofcourse the calf and hem of the new cure is slimmer than slimjim.

so personally i would get the same size, or possible even up one if your slimjimr are tighter than you prefer.

when you first wear your new standards, are you supposed to be able to button them all the way to the top button, or should they be extremely tight?

yeah, tight.

i got a pair a little bit ago, and could barely even button them, now they're perfect but im kinda worried they're going to get too big, so tight as you can stand--they will stretch

get it as tight as possible.

i got a 29, im a 33 and now its like a 33-34.

i should maybe have gotten a 28

don't you think the same thing would have happened with a 28? the waists seem to stretch to whatever your actual waist is. i don't see how they can stretch bigger than what your waist already is.. there is nothing there to stretch it farther.

don't you think the same thing would have happened with a 28? the waists seem to stretch to whatever your actual waist is. i don't see how they can stretch bigger than what your waist already is.. there is nothing there to stretch it farther.

You will feel it stretch even more, as you sit your gut also streches it downward. So when you stand it might be a bit loose and sometimes it could go to the point where it isn't even tight but manages to stay up

hey i was actually thinking of getting a pair of cures.. but im doubtful of the sizing of these.. i wear a sz30 for dior.. is sz28 ok? cheers.

I wear sz30 DH. I couldn't fit into anything less than a sz31 new cure. I'm not sure about cure vs new cure sizing.

I ordered a sz29 in new standards tho.

none in stock, called them last week. they get quarterly shipments, so he told me to expect them within the next month.

i didn't want to wait so i ordered them from the awesome people over at blackbird. it ended up being 130$ after everything due to shipping costs. they are still 30% off over there.

I just want to shrink the length, will it stretch back out to a 34? Or will it stay shrunk? Cold water or hot water best? I want minimal indigo loss. So should i just soak the hem so it shrinks to a 32 or should i soak the whole jean? Since i read the new standards shrink when washed, i don't want to get it hemmed to a 32 then when im ready to wash it's going to shrink to a 30.

As dammalex said, it'll stretch more than your actual waist. My original waist is 31, and my 30s are now a 34.

I just want to shrink the length, will it stretch back out to a 34? Or will it stay shrunk? Cold water or hot water best? I want minimal indigo loss. So should i just soak the hem so it shrinks to a 32 or should i soak the whole jean? Since i read the new standards shrink when washed, i don't want to get it hemmed to a 32 then when im ready to wash it's going to shrink to a 30.

Just soak the entire thing. It'll stretch back.

Ah sorry, I kinda read it wrong. When you soak new standards, they will only shrink to their original size from when they were new. Sometimes they won't shrink back much at all. They definitetly won't shrink any smaller than the original size.

If they are at 34in. right now, you can go ahead and get them hemmed because they wont shrink any smaller than that in a soak. Or if you want to be safe, soak them, then get them hemmed.

Hello again...

I just need help about sizing...again. Sorry.

I am around 5'7 - 5'8 and I weigh about 155 lbs.

I'm trying to pick up a pair of NS.

I wear a size 32 in Levi 514s. The fit on my thighs are great but I don't like how it fits on my calves and it's leg opening. It is too baggy for my liking. I want it to be a bit more tighter than that. I want them to be a tight on me but not skin color tight, if you get what I'm talking about...Is it a wise move to size down to a 29 or should I get a 30 or maybe even something smaller than a 29? I don't really think I would do any hardcore shit on them except go to school and go out to places and such...nothing really hard. I want to size down to a 29 or maybe even smaller than that because of the fear that they might over-stretch on me and it would horrendous. But I also fear that if I size down way too much, I might not be able to wear them at all, or it would just look wayyyy too tight on me. But don't get me wrong, I really have no problem wearing tight jeans, I just don't want to look like a girl. I'm sure you guys know what I mean. I would gladly try them on before buying, but I am nowhere near an APC dealer. That's why I'm stressing about the sizing =/.

Anyways, what's my best choice?

Thanks a lotttt in advance!

I just bought a pair of NS yesterday. I'm a usual size 29 but went down to a size 27. Couldn't button it up in the store (only managed two buttons), but after pulling it on this morning, I managed to button it all the way up.

Dunno if this helps (your concern about looking like a girl): The legs look fine, but it's very very tight around the ass. My colleagues were commenting on it when I walk.