Evisu Denim Question?

I purchased some Evisu's, but they were kinda big, so I ordered the same jeans in a size smaller. Everything on both pair of jeans are basically the same, except the gulls(evisu logos) on the back pockets. On one pair, the logos are printed on with a fabric blend in feel.

And the other pair, the logos are painted, making the logos very thick, heavy, bold looking. Smooth feel.

These are the same pair of jean models. And I wondering if Evisu changed their way they applied their logos to the back pockets recently?or if ever? Which style is newer, and which one is old? Any help is appreciated, pics will be up shortly. Thanks.

Pics:

2b2x3m

Printed Fabric feel pair:

2b2x5s

Smooth, bold painted on pair:

2b2x4z

Edited by sriracha hot sauce on Mar 22, 2005 at 12:41 AM

Is it the only difference? Did you notice anything else that could lead you to believe the second one is a fake?

Evisu jeans should have the seagull logo hand-painted, so maybe if the brush had more white paint in it... the result would be a thicker logo. If both pairs have similar quality, then they should be both original or both fakes!

I know for a fact these arent fake, because I brought them from urbn.com, an official evisu dealer, stated on evisu.com. Unless they sold me fakes.

I did some more research and it seems the jeans were made twice, Once last winter, and again for this spring. Maybe Evisu changed their way they applied their logos. I emailed Evisu about it, but havent gotten an response yet. As far as the denim quality, its pretty much the same as far as I can tell.

http://www11.serrahost.com/~redlemon/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=EM58&Category_Code=EM

Heres the actual pair of jeans I own.

Quote: The back pockets are hand painted with a nylon paint so the logos feel fabric!

Quoted from the site. Thats exactly how the right pair feels like.

Pocket of right pair, with blended in fabric paint:

146707-1.jpg

Picture taken from Nordstrom.com.

Pocket of left pair with the bold, thick, smooth paint:

white%20pocket%20opt.jpg

Edited by sriracha hot sauce on Mar 22, 2005 at 07:51 PM

Also, which pair looks fake? Im assuming these are both real, since I got it off an authorize dealer. Maybe, Evisu's quality has really decreased and this is the result of it.

Edited by sriracha hot sauce on Mar 23, 2005 at 04:21 AM

does the inside label say MADE IN JAPAN? if not then it's most likely from china or italy (license).

re the seagull, one is probably more oil-based than the other. this could be just a production mistake or from a different factory (maybe in china?). but what is important is that the paint has texture, meaning it is not smooth but you can see and feel the "brush-stroke"! this means it's hand painted. btw, it is selvedge right?

have you guys seen the new ones LOT2001 personaly painted by him? there are only 100...

Edited by urban sprawl on Mar 24, 2005 at 12:42 PM