Caliroots denim

tweeds

guess what, the swedish sneaker and denim store's having a go at it

"We are very proud to present the Caliroots Denim Collection; First model out is a dark raw indigo, Japanese selvedge denim. woven in japan, sewn together in one of europe´s best denimfactorys. The Cut is classic Vintage, like a Levis 1947, very similar to the Edwin Nashville. That means its a perfect sneakerfit on the foot, loose over thigh, and overall a regular fit. Much attention to details, like hidden rivets on backpockets, red selvedge denim, 2 colorway stiching througout, Organic Cotton lined pockets and waist for extra softness and mother earthness. Last but not least: "The Cali Sneaker Protector", inside of the foot has a stripe of organic cotton(detachable) the covers that raw denim part that usually ruins your preciouss sneakers! This is the shit!"

limited run of 217 pieces, drops instore on friday

the sneaker protector idea is really amusing :)

Ah, so it is possible to make jeans that:

- have all the features that everyone one here dreams about (minus natural indigo)

- are quite limited, "only 217"

- retail for only 1099sek/140USD/120E/15700Yen

??????

How is this possible?

Weren't we paying for small runs, quality etc.? Isn't that exactly what these jeans are?

Just wondering what people on here think about this.

How is this possible?

Weren't we paying for small runs, quality etc.? Isn't that exactly what these jeans are?

Umm, it is not really unheard of.. Sugar cane 1947, 1945 and STD 303 are all cheaper. I'm sure there's more.

Except limited runs. But who cares?

But still, amazing props to cali for making a nice pair of jeans at a great price!

I really think that the fit on those looks quite bad, so I'd have to be quite a hypebeast to go nuts just because they're limited.

the hem idea seems cool though, but the insanely high rise makes them look funny.

I tried them on. The fit is loose on me, with tapering legs. The rise is high, but whats the problem? It's not like you're going to wear them above your pelvis anyway.

The length is 34" on all sizes.

Backpockets are huge and half-lined. The arcuate can be removed easily.

The denim is quite nice, probably better than APC or Nudie, and a better deal - 1100 vs 1300kr.

The sneaker protector is just ???, it isn't even attached to the bottom of the hem, so I don't see how it's going to keep the denim from touching your shoes.

Donut-buttonfly, rivets on backpockets. The rivets look a bit different than those used buy Levi's and Jap brands though.

I'd buy them if I had more money and less jeans to wear in. A great buy for anyone who likes this fit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...