diatribe

robideaux

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you think no one on here understands you becuse you are using big words? i can't speak for everybody but i get it. its a pretty longwinded way to say something pretty simple and in the grand scheme of things, not very important, but your point is getting across i think. anyone else read marx in here? show of hands? seen fight club?

we are not our fucking khakis? no wait, we are our fucking khakis? wait i got it. "the things you own end up owning you?". maybe i dont get it.

but im not impressed. you read some books. so what?

go read some more books. and when you're finished with those, read some more. then try pulling your head out of your pseudo-intellectual ass and take alook around. then read some more. i know it might seem like you know everything but you dont. i promise.

i think oneman said it pretty well.

if that's 24 i don't want to be 24.

did this guy really take it from blink-182 to horkheimer and adorno? it was that serious? there are people who are dying right now, and this fuck's donating all

his mental energy to discussing the socio-political ramifications of t-shirts and

the trans-cultural impact of listening to pop-punk in 2006.

alright, dude, listen- you've got your bachelor's degree, and we'll all congratulate

you. but honestly, this isnt't 'dialectics of pop culture in modern-day post-modern american culture 1990-2006' class.

get over yourself.

and get out of the house once in a while. you look kinda pale.

hah, the classics--how bourgeoisie!

bourgeoisie is a noun, you cunt. bourgeois is the adjective for which you're grasping.

your prose is stilted and awkward, your "arguments" are misapplied, rote regurgitations, and yet i'm apparently the fuckwit for spending any of my evening wading through your blatherings...

carry on; i've learned my lesson.

bourgeoisie is a noun, you cunt. bourgeois is the adjective for which you're grasping.

your prose is stilted and awkward, your "arguments" are misapplied, rote regurgitations, and yet i'm apparently the fuckwit for spending any of my evening wading through your blatherings...

((applause))

BFD. you found a typo. there are more if you look close enough. think i give a fuck enough to proof read when responding on this mega-important message board? maybe i should bust out my dictionary and thesaurus. btw, i just checked and fuckwit is technically not a word.

Ha, rote regurgitations of what exactly? can you even say? maybe you were just proud of yourself for coming up with an alliteration. in that case give yourself a round of applause.

you think no one on here understands you becuse you are using big words? i can't speak for everybody but i get it. its a pretty longwinded way to say something pretty simple and in the grand scheme of things, not very important, but your point is getting across i think. anyone else read marx in here? show of hands? seen fight club?

we are not our fucking khakis? no wait, we are our fucking khakis? wait i got it. "the things you own end up owning you?". maybe i dont get it.

but im not impressed. you read some books. so what?

go read some more books. and when you're finished with those, read some more. then try pulling your head out of your pseudo-intellectual ass and take alook around. then read some more. i know it might seem like you know everything but you dont. i promise.

i think oneman said it pretty well.

get over yourself.

and get out of the house once in a while. you look kinda pale.

who said i know everything? all i implied was that people like you know nothing. btw, slightly off topic, but your wanna be outsider art gallery is totally interesting for about 5 minutes. then you realize that like your average mindless consumer of fashion, it's trapped within a solipsistic bubble. true art brut can be useful though--as the surrealists thought--only in so far as it provides a glimpse of an alternate aesthetic paradigm in contrast to prevalent commodified art, which is scarcely dionysian. i saw some stacked TV's there, how exciting!

BFD. you found a typo. there are more if you look close enough. think i give a fuck enough to proof read when responding on this mega-important message board? maybe i should bust out my dictionary and thesaurus. btw, i just checked and fuckwit is technically not a word.

Ha, rote regurgitations of what exactly? can you even say? maybe you were just proud of yourself for coming up with an alliteration. in that case give yourself a round of applause.

i know, honey, i know. there were plenty of typos. this was not a typo, though - it really distilled into one error in usage something that runs through everything that you've written thus far: you've got a hard on for freshman comp. vocab words and lack the skill to string them together into something a) coherent or B) meaningful. sort of the "shock and awe" approach to superfuture.

fuckwit would be slang. a vernacular portmanteau, if you will :eek:. were i to waste even more of my time on you this evening, cross-checking my old literary crit. notebooks against your posts, you'd certainly find my picture next to "fuckwit" in the dictionary... i'll just tip my hat to you and say, "you win!"

my energy is better expended brushing my teeth...

EDIT: oh! and thanks for the handclaps, cult! what's with the self-important so-and-sos glomming onto you lately?

while breton et al were involved in the Compagnie de l'Art Brut....dubuffet could hardly be described as a surrealist...in fact his potraits mocked french intellectuals...between you and me i don't think he bothered with portraits of pseudo intellectuals though ;)

i know, honey, i know. there were plenty of typos. this was not a typo, though - it really distilled into one error in usage something that runs through everything that you've written thus far: you've got a hard on for freshman comp. vocab words and lack the skill to string them together into something a) coherent or B) meaningful. sort of the "shock and awe" approach to superfuture.

fuckwit would be slang. a vernacular portmanteau, if you will :eek:. were i to waste even more of my time on you this evening, cross-checking my old literary crit. notebooks against your posts, you'd certainly find my picture next to "fuckwit" in the dictionary... i'll just tip my hat to you and say, "you win!"

my energy is better expended brushing my teeth...

EDIT: oh! and thanks for the handclaps, cult! what's with the self-important so-and-sos glomming onto you lately?

as i mentioned before, what you call the "shock and awe" approach to superfuture seems rather apropos, no? nevertheless, your recalcitrant remarks are unsubstantial.

before dubuffet eventually settled down on a precise definition of the term "art brut", the surrealists were already worshiping the sanctity of madness. the terms outsider art and art brut are commonly used interchangeably, and i was not calling dubuffet a surrealist.

edit: there is a famous illustration by ernst called "oedipus," which is a blatant rip off of a prior piece by august natterer. makes me a bit sick.

calc, physics, chemistry, astronomy, sociology, psychology, literature, political science, philosophy, art history. psychology and sociology most intensely though, before finally settling down on philosophy. someone posted that college is "a vastly fuckedup industrial complex," or something like that and they are absolutely correct. learned a lot more from auxiliary reading than anything presented in class.

im not sure.

its funny but it only takes one or two comments before they attack me personally in some way.

but seriously robideaux , solipstic bubbles? wow. someone should pop yours.

i was going to bring up dubuffet (or alternately the band "art brut" and play dumb) but i dont want to get all worked up over this one. thanks hap.

the terms outsider art and art brut are commonly used interchangeably

surely if you are going to use big words...you have a responsibility to be precise with them..

Art Brut: ... Strictly speaking it refers only to the Collection de l'Art Brut.

and while i was reading your latest post update on gmail...the ever reliable adwords oracle came though with some advice for you...

www.YourBadHabits.com - Learn How To Quickly And Easily Stop Condescending

robideaux, I was finding your posts fascinating until they descended into personal attacks and what I would call 'diarrhea of the mouth'. So, for now I'll ignore the more recent posts and ask you to elucidate your theory by answering some questions and hoping that you will respond respectfully.

1)What is the status of the fashion designer on your view? Aren't the designers just helping to sell the ruse of individuality by allowing their clothing to be reproduced on any scale? How can they be praised for blazing trails when their industry survives on the commodification of their work? If I understand you correctly, in order for them to be doing anything worthwhile, they must be producing totally unique items that will never be copied in any way.

2)A more elementary question: Now, I understand that your framework requires looking at human action on a societal level and at that level it seems that individual identity is indeed irrelevant. However, at a lower level, individual identity seems to be a real phenomenon, despite the similarities that we witness across even very small social groups. How do you resolve this apparent contradiction?

3)I'm skeptical about your interpretation of the dialectic regarding the shift to apparently utilitarian fashions in response to the commodification of a fashion based on excess. Can you back this up or is it merely an unfounded interpretation? A more important question: Is your theory falsifiable?

Most of my other questions are either more incoherent than these, or I think I've answered them myself. I'm looking forward to your response and a more open discussion of your's and others' views about the nature and function of fashion.

I would also like to comment on bee hee's long post on page 3. Bee Hee, you seem smart enough to know that wanting your life to count isn't enough to make it so. Although I sympathize with your desire and your distaste for robideaux's condescending tone, I don't think you've offered a principled objection to his view and your meandering attack was as annoying as our troll's classless reproach of the majority of superfuture users (myself included, I suppose).

surely if you are going to use big words...you have a responsibility to be precise with them..

and while i was reading your latest post update on gmail...the ever reliable adwords oracle came though with some advice for you...

great last post hap, i guess thats what you get when you have a jobless philosophy grad who spent money on his education that he can't use anywhere else...

I don't understand why no one seems interested in taking a closer look at what seems to be an important part of the lives of many superfuture users. Fashion and clothing play a large part in our daily lives and to let that go unanalyzed is a shame. I'm not saying that I do, or that anyone should, agree with robideaux, but merely that his view is worth considering, even if you ultimately reject it. If you have an alternative view, then state it and (gasp!) argue for it.

It's hard not to come across as overly critical when all you've got is the written word, so :), and I hope we can still be friends.

hah, the classics--how bourgeoisie! i wonder why? not that i have anything against them personally, but its probably because you yourself secretly harbor an elitist agenda. I'm no psychologist, but with a fair amount of confidence i'll reduce your interest in the classics as being a mere symptom of a vast inferiority complex. How cliche you are! You have synthetic nostalgia for a time that even you must admit you can't ever know, given the warped-linear accounts of history we are presented with in school books.

aha hah. This thread sucks mule cock. No philosophy-majoring pals left to chat with? All too busy being unemployed?.....pretentious little wanker.

I don't understand why no one seems interested in taking a closer look at what seems to be an important part of the lives of many superfuture users. Fashion and clothing play a large part in our daily lives and to let that go unanalyzed is a shame. I'm not saying that I do, or that anyone should, agree with robideaux, but merely that his view is worth considering, even if you ultimately reject it. If you have an alternative view, then state it and (gasp!) argue for it.

It's hard not to come across as overly critical when all you've got is the written word, so :), and I hope we can still be friends.

its not the fashion part that i have a problem with, its the correlation of blink 182 and how shitty disposable music can't be listened to because of reason this and that.....

what you wrote was a bunch of nonsense, but considering the intelligence level of some of the people here they will probably lap it up like an obedient puppy. all your post shows that you obviously took no time to seriously consider what i was getting at.

by the way, in your schizophrenic rant, you were obviously trying to be more obscure than i. just a tip: instead of using "very serious nearsightedness" try "severly myopic." has a "smarter" ring about it genius.

http://www.pakin.org/complaint/ ftw.

like i've mentioned, in no way am i totally competent in philosphy, but from what i gather robideaux is using his intellect to try and understand where some people on this board are coming from/produce conversation.

i'll admit that i had to read his posts a couple times, upon doing so i found them fascinating.

it's pathetic that the only comments he got thrown back at him or at the people who seemed to agree was shit like "go to library, read more...yada yada yada." then again it was the usual suspects getting infuriated/defensive and ass kissing one another(yeah! get that discount at supermarket!!). people attacked some tyops,his age... and whatever. "i simply like what i like" (in regards to what robideaux is arguing) is such a fucking cop out. there seemed to be only couple of individuals who really adressed his theories. not even 2.5 objective aruguments.

anyway i am glad that my simple comment about losing the blink 182 cd escaladed into this. this is way more interesting then reading all the dick riding comments about this guy's gap jeans,that guy's nikes, or the vintage thrift shop piece you found. not everyone here will admit it (because they want to keep superfuture a safe haven/friendly-utopia), but some shit is just plain ugly and in bad taste. if you post on waywt, you will be subject to critisism.

i guess i'm the bad guy because i associate that band and people who adhere to those kinds of media force fed garbage as instruments of mediocrity.

people can't be fucked arguing with him because most of the stuff he is talking is shit. you think about it, like seriously. even his definition for bad music/taste is horribly shaky. what if a band is shit musically, but not excepted by the masses? are they good then?

and you, for your part: glad your little comment escalated this way? well i hope your happy with yourself cause everyone else thinks you're an uptight twat. not only did you call him out on a 'guilty pleasure', you said he shouldn't have confessed it all? he wasn't murdering children, you dick, he was listening to a shit band, give it a fucking rest.