FS: Expensive jackets (Raf Simons + wjk/AKM)

minya

Have money to burn? Want a jacket? This is your thread!

first up: wjk/AKM black canvas M65.

akm1274.jpgakm3dec.jpg

Super, super, super slim. It fits exactly like a Dior Homme jacket. Marked a size "Large" but that's kind of a joke. I'm a 38" chest and it fits me... but barely. It's very tight in the shoulders/back so I'm letting it go. It would be best for a 36" chest. It measures about 50cm from armpit to armpit, and about 41cm from shoulder to shoulder. The armholes are very very high and very very narrow. Features a black double Riri zipper for the main placket and a small, short Riri zipper on the breast pocket.

It's been worn 3 times and is pretty much brand new. It includes the original cardboard tag and a full-size AKM garment bag. $530 shipped in North America

next: Raf Simons spring/summer 06 shiny cotton riders jacket.

raf1665.jpgraf25bf.jpg

(2nd pic has flash; 1st doesn't)

This is a riders-style jacket made out of a really neat semi-shiny soft cotton fabric. Lots of zippers, different ways to wear it. It's marked a size 48 and fits my 38" chest perfectly. However, it's pretty short (since it's a riders-style jacket)... I don't have measurements on hand, but if you're a US 38/EU 48, this jacket will fit you perfectly.

$375 shipped in North America

jeez. i love that m65, but man....

Considering it's about half the price of a Dior jacket but fits exactly the same way, I can't say it's that bad of a deal.

It's lined with cotton -- so your arms don't rub against stiff canvas -- but not really lined like a winter jacket, no. It's definitely a spring/fall jacket.

Minya, I would really recommend to take that M65 to a professional tailor and see if they can tailor it to fit you better. Even if costs you a bit more. That wjk jacket is a really really nice jacket and you won't be able to find something like that in America.

Minya, I would really recommend to take that M65 to a professional tailor and see if they can tailor it to fit you better. Even if costs you a bit more. That wjk jacket is a really really nice jacket and you won't be able to find something like that in America.

I know -- it's beautiful, but the shoulders are just too tight. :( That's pretty much a death knell, isn't it? I've always heard that shoulders are just one thing that can't be tailored. It fits fine in the chest and everywhere else, it's just too tight up top.

if the jacket was lined with a nice fleece material i would probably buy it for that price, but $530 is a bit too steep right now. same with the wings & horns m65. they should just get rid of that stupid rabbit fur shit and make it a $100 cheaper.

The fur is removable. I'm in the same boat as you ddohnggo, I want a jacket for winter and kind of want a lined jacket. But it's either this jacket which i feel will fit me perfectly, or just wait for Nom De Guerre to have a sale so i can pick up a small m65 from them

bump........

I'm tempted by the WJK but I'm affraid it'll be just slightly too big (shoulders, back) since it nearly fits Minya. Why don't you come to Montreal for a few days and bring the jacket , that way I'll get to try it :P

For potential buyers: I just took measurements from what is probably the tightest leather jacket ever created (size 36/46 Lad musician horse leather from last season) and the shoulders are 41CM like this one. Chest measurement is 44CM. So thi WJK is one hell of a tight jacket even if you allow a margin of error because two different people took the measurements.

I'm tempted by the WJK but I'm affraid it'll be just slightly too big (shoulders, back) since it nearly fits Minya. Why don't you come to Montreal for a few days and bring the jacket , that way I'll get to try it :P

For potential buyers: I just took measurements from what is probably the tightest leather jacket ever created (size 36/46 Lad musician horse leather from last season) and the shoulders are 41CM like this one. Chest measurement is 44CM. So thi WJK is one hell of a tight jacket even if you allow a margin of error because two different people took the measurements.

It would definitely fit you, I think. It fits me fine in the chest but definitely not the shoulders. I think it would fit your shoulders a lot better. yeah, maybe I'll come to Montreal and finance my trip with the sale of the jacket ;)

i'm really clueless about chest measurements, but what would the euro measurement on this be? around a 48-50?

Depends on the cut, doesn't mean anything as you could have a zegna jacket with a 42" chest tagged at size 48 and a dior with a 42" chest tagged 50 or even 49. As for this jacket I'd say the shoulder are definitely for a 46 but the chest seems to be slightly bigger (39"-40" in size might be for a 48 looking for a tight fit). I don't know really as M-65 aren't cut like suit jackets. Hence my comment about being very tempted but wishing I could try it on.