New to SuperFuture and Yahoo Japan

AllNightPony

Hey ya'll,

I'm new to superfuture, as well as yahoo japan. I love the forums and superfuture the boys at context in madison turned me on to them. I have a few questions mainly re: yahoo japan.

1) Is there a secure payment (like paypal) method for the auctions at yahoo japan? If not, how do you pay?

2) What are the usual shipping costs for the states?

3) What are the delivery times usually like?

4) Is the sizing different with S, M, L (I'm assuming it is) I'm looking for mainly coats and tops?

5) What do you use to translate the page, I've been using google translator but everytime I search for something in the search field it doesn't translate the page, I have found a work around but, I'm wondering if there is any easier method.

Any personal experiences from you global shopping experts would be extremly helpful, the clothing in the auctions is unreal.

Thanks, JOe K.

Non-Japanese cannot purchase items directly from Yahoo Japan auctions without jumping through a large series of hoops and being fluent in Japanese.

You can buy items via a proxy buying service, such as 2000dB's here on superfuture (see his supermarket thread) or www.bid-service.jp or www.celga.com

Sizing totally varies. That has nothing to do with Yahoo Japan and everything to do with individual brands being sold.

I'm closing this for now, but I'm going to work on getting a "how to buy from Yahoo Japan" FAQ together since we seem to be getting a lot of these questions.