MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

^^ I believe the belstaff and Barbour jackets are actual collaborations not a "partner" as they call someof the other labels they sell... Speaking of which my local j crew had a MF poster on the wall of the bag that he made for them, I wanted it so bad ....

And even if the MF stuff isn't on the website I think it's still available at the liquor store in NYC...

But as for now, I'm waiting patiently on a teaser of s/s '10 from Kiya...

I filled up the tub with the hottest water out of the tap and proceeded to soak the MFSC Pea Coat for 10 minutes. As I was following Zissou's lead, I was prepared with heavy pots to weigh down the jacket. The craziest thing was pulling it out of the water and lifting it up to put a coat hanger inside of it. I would highly recommend to anyone else who soaks to place the hanger inside the jacket before submerging it. All in all it was kind of a fun process. The water seemed alive with starch swirling and cotton pieces grouping together and clinging to the wall of the tub. At the end, my hand had a serious blue tint and the tube is in need of a good bleach scrub! Thanks for all of the advice throughout this thread. It has been nothing but helpful.

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

^Now if only kiya would post some photos :) I'm hoping the new shirt will work out better...

Looks great, Lando! Did you pick it up from J Crew? Can't wait for fit pics!

Looks great, Lando! Did you pick it up from J Crew? Can't wait for fit pics!

Thanks for the compliment Zissou +Rep! I feel honored. Yes I did pick it up from J. Crew early last week and it arrived last Friday. Worked all weekend so I am just getting around to the soaking process. I would have taken Pre-Soak Fit Pics, but the were about the same length in the arms and the overall as yours. I will measure and post fit pictures once it is dry. I am sitting up late waiting for it to dry just enough for me to set some creases and get it bag up and hanging.

Thx guys! Working on some of my Mulholland Master, forgot it on the desert trip, which would of perfect for photos but I will post some soon. Incredible jacket!!!

I have to admit I am highly anticipating your photographs of the Mulholland Master. You do such wonderful work.

How many different details could you capture in a photoshoot of it? Lets get an in depth review!

Was just at SESF where they just got in their selection of MFSC Thermals and Scarves in. Check out photos on my Twitter http://twitter.com/LandoCal126. Didn't have my camera or I'd post them up here. There was one more Scarf not pictured which I purchased. I will post pictures of it soon...

PS - Scarves are made out of 1880 Vintage Kimono material with Natural & Indigo Dyes. Pretty Fresh Christophe!

Was just at SESF where they just got in their selection of MFSC Thermals and Scarves in. Check out photos on my Twitter http://twitter.com/LandoCal126. Didn't have my camera or I'd post them up here. There was one more Scarf not pictured which I purchased. I will post pictures of it soon...

PS - Scarves are made out of 1880 Vintage Kimono material with Natural & Indigo Dyes. Pretty Fresh Christophe!

good stuff, lando! i wanna see which one you got. how much were they?

sorry, but 190$? for that? it looks like something i could have made when i was 10..

Your thinking too hard. If it has MFSC on the logo its worth the money... no questions asked (10).

im sure the fabric is great, i just think the design is awful. a denim scarf isnt very practicle either.... IMO this is ridiculously priced. honesty how much could that cost to produce?

Im sure the mister freedom label is the only reason its that expensive.. but even if i had the funds for MF, i dont think i will ever buy it. i guess ill be having a one man boycott

sorry, but 190$? for that? it looks like something i could have made when i was 10..
^^I saw that scarf in person, the color is astounding, blue with incredible character

-I dont think you would've had access to such inspired vintage fabric at age 10

im sure the fabric is great, i just think the design is awful. a denim scarf isnt very practicle either.... IMO this is ridiculously priced. honesty how much could that cost to produce?

Im sure the mister freedom label is the only reason its that expensive.. but even if i had the funds for MF, i dont think i will ever buy it. i guess ill be having a one man boycott

You ask the wrong questions (how much cost of production is), and join a long line of people who love to complain about the prices of this stuff without ever having actually seen or touched it while remaining largely unaware of the attention to detail and craftmanship apparent in ever piece. You definitely don't have to like it, and its understandable why some people might balk at paying nearly $200 for a scarf, but ignoring what it actually is, and why some people might be very happy to fork over the cash for such a piece makes you look rather foolish.