Guilded Age anyone?

soultek

Saw this new line at Rolo in SF last weekend. NYC company made in Japan. Interesting line of workwear turn of the century type clothing. lots of indigo stuff, and some items that have 'mud dye' techniques. A little pricey, but intriguing. Anyone see this stuff? any thoughts? i wish i had pics, also wish i could find a website. line included a cashmere sweater, denim jacket (which was quite beautiful), few types of jeans, mud dyed coords, indigo dyed collared zip up work jacket with wool lining (very nice), indigo dyed thermal type knit shirts, mud dyed polos, some button downs etc. prices ranged from 175$ for the knit shirts to 350$ for the coords, to 500$ for teh denim jacket to 900$ for the work jacket. The denim was all pre worn/distressed though the jacket wasn't too over done, the indigo overdyed stuff was all non-distressed. Reminds me LVC and 45rpm. check it out..

Although really expensive, the stuff I have seen has been fucking gorgeous. The things that I can remember enough details to mention, are an indigo-dyed button up and henley, and hand knit (well, everything is apparently hand done) pure cashmere sweaters.

The indigo-dyed button up is cool, but the henley is just incredible. The color is incredibly pure and dark and the material itself is ridiculously beefy. There was also the equally beefy mud-dyed polo.

The sweaters are super, super heavy and super, super soft. I tried on a small white turtle neck the other day and it absolutely perfectly. Slim, perfect length, etc etc. Such a thing would be a little impractical for me to own, but it was definitely great.

I haven't been able to find a website but, if I'm remembering correctly, the designer used to design for Banana Republic.

If no pictures show up by this weekend, I'll try to take some.