MAHARISHI OVERKILL

camo. orange. everywhere.

every "cool" magazine has done a cover story with the accompanying camo cover, etc.

nike collabo., collabo-this, collabo-that etc. etc ETC!

and why are we back/still on the camo tip?! as if bape didnt suck it dry already, now i gotta deal with this.?!

im sure maha makes great clothing.... but cmon now..

its the VON DUTCH of our "scene."

oversaturation, anyone?

Discuss.

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

Edited by bobbyhundreds on Mar 11, 2005 at 01:57 AM

I thought Maharishi was tight three years ago when I started rocking it, but now all my MHI shit's been pretty much reduced to gym strip or retired.

On the whole though, camou's played, I never bought into it. It just reminds me of my more insecure and intreverted friends back in my first high school; that and those with perhaps a greater level of insecurity: the wiggaz

The funniest shit is a few years ago I saw maharishi referred to as camou couture, I got a kick out of that.

On the whole the fit is fairly ill, and mhi makes hella comfortable garments that are pretty physically complementary, so I can't blame someone for choosing it for loungewear, or for fitness but those seem like poor reasons to spend so much on clothes.

No offence to anyone, but I thought Supreme was the Von Dutch of our "scene"...hehehe...just kidding.

As far as going commando goes Maharishi is king though, seriously, it just feels right.

i got a few of both maharishi and mhi tees, they are great, good material and stuff. i know that last season they kinda overdid the camo, but again keep in mind blechman obssession with camo if you will, with that DPM camo book and everything. and also, judging from their spring collection from both hanon shop and nom de guerre, they seem to have stayed away from camo this spring.

and yea, i dont think they're gonna be the next von dutch...

Camo can never be played out because it was never made for fashion in the first place, it was made for war and hunting. War and hunting is never played out, so neither will the accompanying clothing be. Maharishi might be played out, and spending a ton of money on a "couture camo" jacket might be played out, but shit, I'm never going to stop rocking camo cause I like the aesthetic, it's inexpensive (as long as you aren't a couture camo sucker) and it looks dope. And it's FUNCTIONAL because you can hide from police and stuff better and when Big Brother cracks down alot of our lives will be constant war and hiding, and then I'll have lots of fresh gear to wear as I'm running from the man. I've been hitting up the army surplus stores since the days of my youth, beleive that.

It's Red Motherfucking Foxxworth coming straight from VA, and I've been known to make the hoes bounce it up and down like the WNBA

I'm pretty sure the Nike Dunk is approaching Von Dutch status in our scene.

Maha/MHI is a little too obscure to get Von Dutch status. Even if lots of people know the brand exists, the masses still don't have immediate access to it for reasons such as price/only sold in a few stores.

For good deals on Maharishi, check out yoox.com

Edited by peteyross on Mar 11, 2005 at 01:42 PM

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with redfoxx.....CAMO is never dead, just the brands that try to take advantage of it and (you)...you would be stupid to cop some expensive camo when all you gotta do is hit up an army & navy store (the older, the better) and rack up...speaking of which, i gotta hit one up.

oh, and DUNKS are in the same boat as VON DUTCH....pay for an expensive pair if ya' want to, only for another "exclusive" pair to come out and buy that too....