Ok, I have an idea...

Rockn

Ok, so I come up with a lot of off the wall business ideas, but I have one that I think could be a fun project to put together and we can all pitch in.

I want to create a superfuture-ish magazine that talks about the stuff we are all interested in.

Now, before everyone gets ahead of themselves and tells me I am crazy and it will cost a fortune. Here is my thinking. I will let everyone on superfuture submit stuff they would like to see articles on. We also have tons of very talanted people on here in terms of writers, stylist, photographers, and graphic designers and editors and if everyone chipped in.

In addition, maye we can get some of the brands or stores to put ads in to subsidize part of the cost.

If I get positive feedback on this, then I will take the reigns and start compiling some info from you guys and we will shoot to do one issue for now.

Let me know your thoughts...

Parker

i'd be more than glad to write, if this goes anywhere.

i love writing and can do articles very well... it would be pretty fun.

i would like to see the obvious articles like denim before & after, denim fits, etc.

then your standard how to order and where to find certain brands..

one thing i'd really love to see is a feature product every isue where it would show many different ways that a certain item can be worn, such as how apc new standards c an be worn as skinny jeans and can be worn baggy, and how to complete the look, etc.

that would be cool to me. it could be more creative.

WE've ALL HAD THIS IDEA one time or another... Anyways, superfuture in fashion magazine form would be ridiculous... because superfuture is about being on the net. It's a living magazine already that is constantly updating itself. Why would I pay for a neanderthal non-digital version of superfuture?

If it had a good layout.... You know what I would pay for though is if each issue was made specifically by one of us and the subject would be about another one of us. And focused on photography and lots of beautiful layout. Like canice doing a piece about... canice! I'd buy that.

Who wants to start? We can do an indie zine-trade/distro on superfuture and such.

Ok, well here is the deal on how I would like it to work.

I would take submissions for articles, but I figure we could do:

Denim (numerous articles)

T-shirts

Hoodies/outerwear

Bags

Hats

Gadgets

Artist

Photo's

Editorials

I would need more feedback from this to make it worth it, but I am hoping this is just because its saturday.

I was also thinking maybe we can get some other forums involved, such as:

Hypebeast

Styleforum (Fok or Brian)

Honest forum

and any others.

Also, if any t-shirt lines on here or store owners want ad's then we can do that to keep the cost down.

because the whole idea is that it would be a sf created magazine, I can write articles on what I like, but I am sure it is going to be 90 percent different then what everyone else likes. I am not asking you to write the articles, I am asking you to at least tell me things you would like to read about so we can gear the articles aroudn that. This way if everyone contributes one article or idea, then we can all have a wide variety.

But, thanks for the input. your comment has been super though provoking and inspiring.

because the whole idea is that it would be a sf created magazine, I can write articles on what I like, but I am sure it is going to be 90 percent different then what everyone else likes. I am not asking you to write the articles, I am asking you to at least tell me things you would like to read about so we can gear the articles aroudn that. This way if everyone contributes one article or idea, then we can all have a wide variety.

But, thanks for the input. your comment has been super though provoking and inspiring.

I think you should hold off on trying to come across as master-and-commander of this vessel.....try first discussing it with the elder gods..if theyre on board then the wheels will start to turn.....but i do think it can be done...and i would help in any way i could if it came down to it

I will do the "once a year Begåvningsreserven-issue".

The issue will only be about midgets and Moog-synths, midgets posing on Moog-synths, famous midgets playing the Moog-synth, midget fashion, Moog dust cover fashion, midgets in dust covers, midgets trapped in dust covers and in-depth articles about R. Moog´s pre-Moog-synth-era and his work in a midget cabaré in 1930´s Berlin.

I will do the artwork and layout for this. There will be no limits. 900 pages. Waxed 400g cover.

The issue will only be about midgets and Moog-synths, midgets posing on Moog-synths, famous midgets playing the Moog-synth, midget fashion, Moog dust cover fashion, midgets in dust covers, midgets trapped in dust covers and in-depth articles about R. Moog´s pre-Moog-synth-era and his work in a midget cabaré in 1930´s Berlin.

I will do the artwork and layout for this. There will be no limits. 900 pages. Waxed 400g cover.

FUCK yes. Please include an acetate 7" featuring a recording of a midget playing a Moog synth.

What about renegade midgets playing ARP 2500's?

In more sober news, I have five years of experience in various fields that would be beneficial on the business-end, along with having the sorts of writing skills that would make SF magazine win all kinds of publishing industry awards. I also know where to find hot interns.

FUCK yes. Please include an acetate 7" featuring a recording of a midget playing a Moog synth.

great idea! not only would the issue include a free record there will also be a DVD with a live recording of a collaboration between the Teriyaki boyz and a Moog playing midget. The midget will challenge Nigo in a Pride death match and kill him as a bonus feature.

like you said....these are great ideas.....

Denim (numerous articles)

T-shirts

Hoodies/outerwear

Bags

Hats

Gadgets

Artist

Photo's

Editorials

-Personaly i think the majority (or good amount of the publication should focus on denim.)

-I think each issue should cost somewhear between 5 to 10 bucks (thats shipping included)

with an option of purchasing a limited edition version that comes with a gift. Like 1st issue with a "Samurai" Pull out poster in tribute to the denim contest. Future gifts could included limited shirts from brands, or other random things. Of course these gift issues will cost more according to what the gift for that issue is. With the company who hooked up the gift getting a cut.

- I'd love to see a section of the mag with pics from superfuturians & their style (sort of like a what did u wear today thingy)

-maybe even a section of hot clubs/bars superfuturians hang out at. After all you rock your tight shit at these spots.

-Or even a photography section where superfuturians submit amature photography ect.

just throwing some thoughts out there.

Thelion - great thoughts, maybe each issue can come with a limited edition tee that corelated with that issue.

Onemancult - As far as the physical magazine, I was hoping to do something a little unorthadox maybe in terms of sizing or paper.

I am not trying to take charge here, but I feel this is the next step to take. If people could PM me and let me know if they would be interested in helping with one of the things below.

Writers (as many as possible)

Editor

Photo contributors (photos of actual SF's denim and more artsy photos)

Graphic Designers (page layout)

If the people who are interested in writing feel free to also suggest an article that you would like to write on. At the same time anyone else can feel free to post stuff they would like to see articles written on.

if thiis ever goes anywhere, as much as my posts dont show it i have a pretty good grip on grammar and syntax and all that jargon so if i could be of any help in the editing department i'd love to

of course i have no experience outside of one year at journalism school and some pretty good high school grades but whatever, hah

I hate to burst the bubble, but why would anyone fork out for a print based publication you have to wait a month for at a time, when you can create an account & join in online and express your own individual opinion?

Superfuture is an interactive e-zine by itself, why undermine it with a print based publication?

I've stopped my subscription to nylon, I-D & flux recently, as I realised, I already knew everything that was being printed before the editors even knew what they were putting in that issue. Why? because of the internet...

it's places like superfuture, that are the instrumental reason behind the demise of print based media & places like superfuture that are now contributing to the significant loss in sales that has hit printed magazines.

Retailers are reducing the number of fashion mags they carry, previous to say 6 years ago. They are being far more critical in which magazines they select for their shelves. So i'm not so condifent they'd be so fast to pick up a publication that is freely available on the net?

The only thing I would suggest & probably be happy to market, would be a limited addition seasonal feature mag, that was sold exclusively in select boutiques around the globe. Which also included an extended coverage of the reviews section, on stores, restaurants & so on under the superfuture index.

I don't know if that's what you guys would be happy with, but I just can't see there being enough material on these boards to finalise a monthly publication.

I think you should hold off on trying to come across as master-and-commander of this vessel.....try first discussing it with the elder gods..if theyre on board then the wheels will start to turn.....but i do think it can be done...and i would help in any way i could if it came down to it

superfuture elder god here.

ok--> so all the suggestions about making a sf publication are great...

so here is the superfuture perspective...

i've discussed making a superfuture mag plenty of times with plenty of people... i even had an editor working on it a few years ago and then ditched it... basically - i used to work as a magzine art director before starting spaceship superfuture and swore id never go back to working in print again. print sucks - its expensive to produce and something always fucks up...plus there is all the other issues like distribution, financing/advertising etc...yuuRK! nightmare.

it is pretty obvious that the advantages internet has over print is the zero time lag between information getting to an end user and circumnavigation of that expensive real-world process called 'printing'. magazines need 2 - 4 month lead times...

having said that - supertalk is a relatively open-ended un-edited chunk of data that could do with some filtering and editing. the bigger it becomes the greater the need to keep the existing data relevant - aside from search functions. developing a packaged and edited version of supertalk content is something we are interested in... [and have been working on]...

superfuture elder god here.

ok--> so all the suggestions about making a sf publication are great...

so here is the superfuture perspective...

i've discussed making a superfuture mag plenty of times with plenty of people... i even had an editor working on it a few years ago and then ditched it... basically - i used to work as a magzine art director before starting spaceship superfuture and swore id never go back to working in print again. print sucks - its expensive to produce and something always fucks up...plus there is all the other issues like distribution, financing/advertising etc...yuuRK! nightmare.

it is pretty obvious that the advantages internet has over print is the zero time lag between information getting to an end user and circumnavigation of that expensive real-world process called 'printing'. magazines need 2 - 4 month lead times...

having said that - supertalk is a relatively open-ended un-edited chunk of data that could do with some filtering and editing. the bigger it becomes the greater the need to keep the existing data relevant - aside from search functions. developing a packaged and edited version of supertalk content is something we are interested in... [and have been working on]...

With all the hassle of printing a magazine, I think it would be great to have a few editors skim through all the info here and wirte summaries or articles and then redirect to the posts in question.

I think what would be far more efficient would be to design this concept more around the internet and perhaps make money through advertisement, Wayne. It seems like more "mainstream" people would be willing to visit an edited / designed, etc... version of Superfuture if it wasn't nescessarily in a forum format.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, that would totally suck. I'd much rather there not be a condensed version, as the nature of the forum forces people to at least attempt to participate a little. Sometimes.

Of course, there seems to be an ever increasing number of "I'm a stupid motherfucker!" posts these days, but whatever. We'll get through it.