Denim Laundries - Distressing Denim.

Dogfarm

Does anyone one have any info on disfferent denim laundries and their processes. I know I brief overview of the history of laudries and of a few of the more famous ones (ie. Martelli's) but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experiance with laudries and their processes? Most of the google stuff on laundries brought up stuff about mexican and chinese laundries and the negative worker and enviromental impact they have.

I think that laundries are an interesting area and a part of denim history; although most SF'ers would say to wear your jeans to distress them I think that laundries do need some mention and any resource you might have I would be interested in.

I think that laundries are an interesting area and a part of denim history; although most SF'ers would say to wear your jeans to distress them I think that laundries do need some mention and any resource you might have I would be interested in.

If you're looking for domestic laundries, check out Bart Sights in Kentucky or Freshtex in LA.

No, I mean laundries on an industrial scale that most denim companies use to get distressed washes (ie. stone wash, sulpher wash, enzyme wash,) on their denim. I think the whole process in general is very interesting but have limited sucess doing research on the subject.