my mom washed my denim

masuerte

I took 'em to the beach for their first beach rinse. She saw me shower in 'em and told me to wash 'em. When I told her I'd just let 'em dry... she was super disgusted and washed them. I couldn't do anything to stop her, she's my mom.

::sigh::

Will post pictures of before and after beach rinse, and also before and after wash.

I only wore them once!

dammit man I swear I was screaming in my head! Like squirming trying to get a way to persuade my mom from doing this (I'm a friggin 25 year old man demmit!), but I swear she would've disowned me if I didn't let her.

If you saw ProjRun, then here's a picture of how I squirmed:

michaelkickqw4.jpg

Anyways, i immediately whisked my other denim away to my L.A. apt. I was afraid she'd kidnap the virgins while I was at work.

Haha... I'm Filipino but my mom hasn't stolen my jeans to wash yet. She always tells me how disgusted she is though and how she doesn't know who I'm trying to be and suggests I'm trying to be like those young homeless guys you occasionally see all around the Bay Area. She also doesn't understand why I do it because none of my friends do it. Though I'd imagine she'd freak out even more if they did.

god damn filipino nanays..... my mom everytime she sees my jeans she's like ... anak... mahiya ka namannnnnnn.... it usually ends up me promising her to wash it the next weekend which i never do

I find that really funny because my mom does the same thing...she never does my laundry though.I've been on my own in that department since I could reach the knobs.

i can bet that she washed them all in warm water, doesnt matter if theyre jeans or colored shirts they all get the same treatment! back when i was living at home my mom use to do that sneak in my room and pick out clothes to wash. It use to piss me off cause she throws all the colors, jeans and all wash them warm with the shirts.

Get dyes all over everything! When you tell them not to wash your clothes they get mad. So they continue to wash it and keep on messing up your clothes lol. Those were the days haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it all turned out okay except that she put 'em in the dryer too and now they're crumpled to fuck... vertical crumples etc. Well, it'll be a unique pair at least, it shrank so much that I think I'll have to wear the legs super-rolled up as shorts.

Ah well. It was super scary seeing my mom's disgusted/determined face though. I think I'm gonna keep my denim habits super secret now... It's strange how my habits used to fill me with a sense of pride, and now it's like a shame-full vice for me... like an addiction I have to hide from my friends/family.

Oh and for all of those that say: grow up or take a stand.... you don't know pilipino nanays. I'm moved out of the house, supporting myself and I had that incident after going home to visit the parents after a family day at the beach... and still it happened. It's something with which alot of us (who still respect our parents in the old school ways) have to deal with.

i feel ya brotha, its just the way of the world, like earth wind and fire once said. :cool:

Yeah, it all turned out okay except that she put 'em in the dryer too and now they're crumpled to fuck... vertical crumples etc. Well, it'll be a unique pair at least, it shrank so much that I think I'll have to wear the legs super-rolled up as shorts.

Ah well. It was super scary seeing my mom's disgusted/determined face though. I think I'm gonna keep my denim habits super secret now... It's strange how my habits used to fill me with a sense of pride, and now it's like a shame-full vice for me... like an addiction I have to hide from my friends/family.

Oh and for all of those that say: grow up or take a stand.... you don't know pilipino nanays. I'm moved out of the house, supporting myself and I had that incident after going home to visit the parents after a family day at the beach... and still it happened. It's something with which alot of us (who still respect our parents in the old school ways) have to deal with.

• 5 months later...

mabuhay flip nanays! mymoms like half chinese half flip... i have this custom made hangers where i hang all my jeans each of them have their own belts.. when i came back from a weekend somewhere the fucking belts where misplace on the jeans.. i think she sun washed my jeans they smell like burned dye.. dammit

truth.......

even if yr moved out and have kids .. she cant help herself being a mommy .... us (filipinos) just deal with it .... such is our lives...

Wow, didn't realize there were so many Flips on this board! I know if I was living with my Mom she would be disgusted with my jeans. Even my sister, who is very fashion conscious and 'understands' not washing, she gives me shit about it.