Recent Purchases 2014

seafinch

ooh yeah i dig it, nice cop, brother

Macho Madness, sky's the limit.

I actually have a set of the 80s vented ones in a mirrored iridium, but one of the arms broke. Now I can wear them again, and look like Greg LeMond.

Figures that temperature would go up by ~20 degrees the day my stuff comes in... 

p8ebQTO.jpg

number(n)ine fw08 

vv3JQNH.jpg

stephan schneider

FHGYi6K.jpg

soloist ss13

edit: I think I'm letting go of the Schneider. Size 5 is still a little small for me unfortunately. 

Edited by bizubimu

info on clear table?  thx.

edit:  probably don't want, going to get smashed during drunken nights.

It's plastic and pretty durable.

http://kartellstorela.com/shop/invisible-side/

I need to get a new rug (current rug is mostly red oriental hand wove)

Edited by exhaust fumes

^ what's the leather like on that varsity? / what's the story behind the treatment? To me it looks cracked and papery (and a little disgusting to be honest) but I'm sure the pictures don't tell the whole story, especially with visvim.

Hammered and oiled italian calf leather iirc. Pretty luxe and definitely soft from what I've heard. Jacket is unlined which is a little different than the traditional lined leathers that are released nowadays. 

Edited by Fycus

Don't even care they're not first string. These things are amazing

Agreed. I have both the general release and First String pairs, both are almost identical in quality, only differences (as far as I can tell) are the box, heel plate, and the contrasting fabric that runs vertically along the heel. I think I've spent roughly 600$ on 1970's altogether. Can't have enough.

Yuketen plain toe in mocha with ripple soles. The perfect amount of bulk I've been looking for. I got them a half-size smaller than I typically wear and they fit exactly right.

2014_03_14_12_24_09.jpg

On the inside heel branding, you can tell it was burned a little bit, which means that a person is literally branding all of these by hand. In fact, the box they came in has the style written by hand on the outside.

2014_03_14_12_25_17.jpg

I'm really impressed by the overall level of care put into these. Can't wait to wear them.

I get that hyrofoil boat vibe from those ripple soles, please report back on water flotation ability. Also pretty bummed that they are made in Mexico now. Caminando did ripple soles in mejico for like 1/4 the price and they are prob the same factory. Wasn't too into the construction and dumped my pair pretty fast. 

HCto9FN.jpg

Edited by Fycus

I get that hyrofoil boat vibe from those ripple soles, please report back on water flotation ability. Also pretty bummed that they are made in Mexico now. Caminando did ripple soles in mejico for like 1/4 the price and they are prob the same factory. Wasn't too into the construction and dumped my pair pretty fast. 

I don't think it'd be the Caminando factory, if anything it'd be the same place where Santo Domingo makes their boots, considering they're a Meg Company brand like Yuketen. Or perhaps all 3 are made under the same roof. I think the only manufacturing Yuketen does in the USA anymore is for their moccasin-type shoes, being produced by Quoddy.

That being said, having handle that particular pair and the angler boots, both made in Mexico, there doesn't seem to be a drop in quality, at least not one that's particularly noticeable.

hey u fuk fuk guy u fukboi u i jealous BUT HEY FUKBOI i've seen enough stock pics of air raids to last a lifetime pls take your own pics + waywt shoes ed + in a fit yo i wanna see

^ Coulda been a cool callout but…ya just went too black, nameen?