Wearing brown & black?

eastcoastrider27

good question, for ages i thought it was a complete faux pas and didnt do it, but then my gf said it was cool and i started to notice loads of girls get away with it and pull it off and look great.

I still think its a tricky area, e.g. different fabrics seem to go ok to me, I wore a brown velvet jacket with a black t and it looked ok, but I think black shoes and belt with brown trousers look awful.

Not to plug but the dunks im selling are brown and black but because the black is wool they look cool to me.

I probly wouldnt wear a brown button up shirt with a black jacket.

Its a tricky area but to say brown and black cant ever mix is a too simplistic view for me.

eastcoast- id probly wear a black scarf with a brown jacket, maybe not the gloves though.

• 1 year later...
good question, for ages i thought it was a complete faux pas and didnt do it, but then my gf said it was cool and i started to notice loads of girls get away with it and pull it off and look great.

I still think its a tricky area, e.g. different fabrics seem to go ok to me, I wore a brown velvet jacket with a black t and it looked ok, but I think black shoes and belt with brown trousers look awful.

Not to plug but the dunks im selling are brown and black but because the black is wool they look cool to me.

I probly wouldnt wear a brown button up shirt with a black jacket.

Its a tricky area but to say brown and black cant ever mix is a too simplistic view for me.

eastcoast- id probly wear a black scarf with a brown jacket, maybe not the gloves though.

Yeah I know...girls can get away with both the black/brown and black/navy...especially when they're in ALL black and the coat is just the shakey color. I saw a gang of 5th Ave. pumas rockin' black outfits (the whole RL horse riding look with tight black slacks/riding pants and those high leather riding boots) with the RL'ish navy w/ gold accents coats (peacoats and the like)...they were actually good to go...maybe cause of the gold accents. My girl did the same thing with a mostly black with a white blouse outfit...and a brown peacoat today...and she looked great.

You can do black/brown and make it look nice.

Like someone said, black top, brown pants, black shoes is what I usually go with... you know, if I NEED to wear those brown jeans.

I (think I) look shitty in navy, so I can't attest to that working.

I always thought black and blue was a weird combo.